I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Thursday, September 23, 2010

August Happenings

Now that September is pretty much over, don’t you think it’s about time to give a little recap of August? I thought so….. I’ve been meaning to do this forever, but just never get around to it.

  1. August 1. It was our nephew Oscar’s, blessing. Which was awesome. But what makes that day even more memorable is that that is the first time that Logan really sat for an extended period of time without help. Just over 6 months old.

Logan 066  I love this little Elvis thing he’s got going on here.

2.  August 2. The family celebrated the end of the fireworks tent (definitely worth celebrating) by spending the day up at Snowbird. This was our second year and it was so fun! Logan did amazing. Unfortunately the mechanical bull wasn’t running, so I didn’t get a chance to do it this time, either.

Logan 070Happy, slobbery boy (thus the bib.)

 Bells 002 Look at that beautiful sky. And boy.

3.  August 6 and 7: Jeremy and I took a little break by ourselves to Lava Hot Springs for our 4th Anniversary. We chilled in our tiny room, walked around, soaked in the Hot Springs, tubed down the river, played pool at the arcade room, and ate. It was fun, but I have ZERO pictures. It was incredibly hard to leave Logan. My sister Misti watched him, and I wasn’t worried about him at all, just missing him constantly. It was all I could do not to turn around after we left him Friday night.

LavaThis was the only one we could spend more than one minute in. The rest were way too hot.

4.  August 9: Our 4th Anniversary! We both worked and since we had our big weekend, we just took a trip to Cold Stone to celebrate.

5.  School started again for Jeremy. After this semester, he will be only one teeny tiny little class away from graduating!!!! Hallelujah! No more draining our savings after building it up again! However, there is comfort in the fact that we don’t have any student loans.

7.  At the end of August we had our annual Girl’s Weekend. This year we went to Park City. We talked, ate, walked, swam, all that fun chillaxing stuff.

8.  Saturday night my mom, Misti, Trina and I drove down to Salt Lake to meet up with the men and go to The Lion King on Broadway. It was awesome. They way they create the animals and scenery was just amazing.

Lion King 1 For those who are wondering, that boy standing next to Trina is now her fiance.

Lion King 2

6.  The biggest thing for us in August (and part of July), was that we moved! I absolutely hated leaving Logan everyday, so Jeremy and I decided to rent out our condo and move into my brother Ty’s basement. Their basement was already finished except for a kitchen, so while they put that in we stayed with my parents for a few weeks. I didn’t quit my job, but I am now working part-time so that I can stay home more with Logan. We are so grateful for Ty and Maria being so willing to help us out. It was a big change, but completely worth it. Logan is at such a cute age now, he makes me laugh so much. He is more independent  but at the same time loves his mom and gets so excited when he sees me and reaches his arms out to me. What an amazing feeling. Somehow my new home isn’t completely put together yet, but it is close and when it is done I will put up pictures.

 

For memory’s sake, below are pictures of our condo before we left it. The thing I miss most? The nursery we painted and put together for Logan. :(  I hope I’ll be able to enjoy it again.    

3 comments:

Terri Griffith said...

so glad that you were able to work out a way to work part time. I have missed the updates. Logan is just so cute wish we could visit a little more often.

Alixa said...

I was wondering who that boy was with Trina. Congrats to her! I had no idea.

Trista said...

SO impressed you have no student loans. That is amazing! What an example that is.