I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Logan Update

I am afraid it has been too long since I’ve shared pictures of who I believe to be the cutest boy in the world. And I don’t think that’s just a mother’s bias, either. :D I don’t know why I don’t share his pictures and stories more often. I love him to death and sometimes I just look at him and think how happy he makes me. He is 9 months and one week today, how crazy is that? He is coming up on his first Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas. So fun but so sad to think that soon he will be a YEAR old. I know it’s the biggest cliché that a mom can use, but my baby is growing up way too fast! I honestly don’t know how he is already that old.

The past few months have been SO fun. I have finally started working part-time, not going into work on Tuesdays and Fridays and it is AWESOME. I feel like I run around a lot, but at least I am running around with him. He has such a friendly and happy personality. He is in his element when he is around people, especially when they are paying attention to him. He gets his big open-mouthed smile and just hams it up. Sometimes I’ll be in the other room and hear him laughing, but when I go to find out what he is laughing it, it’s nothing. He’s just lying on the ground laughing at the ceiling. He loves to be outside. If he's unhappy, just take him outside and life is GOOD. I hate that it's snowed. He is still a talker. Sometimes he doesn’t stop, and it is so loud! I wonder what he thinks he’s saying? He hates baby food. With a passion. He will eat anything else, but the second baby food touches his mouth, he clamps it shut and won’t let me get another bite in. He moves around like crazy. Up until this last week it was just rolling. He knows how to roll to get to anywhere he needs to go and get to anything he wants to stick in his mouth. I often find him halfway under furniture. So weird. The past week he did start to “crawl.” He doesn’t quite get the moving his knees forward part, so he uses his forehead to propel himself forward. Hilarious. As for standing or walking, I don't think that will happen anytime soon. He hates to straighten his legs and put any weight on his feet. The second I try he just bends his knees and refuses to straighten them.

He loves strings and tags. He’s kind of like a cat (I hear cats like strings?.) If he sees a string or a tag from the end of a zipper, anything like that, he grabs it and sticks it in his mouth. Yesterday while he was in his carseat, he had his chin down on his chest and was sucking on the zipper of a vest he was wearing. I don’t know how, but he will always find them. When he sees Grandpa (and when he's in the right mood he'll do it to anyone) he holds his arm out for a handshake. Grandpa used to hold his hand out for Logan to shake it, but now Logan is the one who initiates it. I am a little hesitant to share this, but he loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I know I shouldn’t stick him in front of the TV, but when I am getting ready for work in the morning I need something to entertain. He seems to be the most needy at that time. And for some reason Mickey Mouse Clubhouse seems to do the trick. Now I know how to make the clubhouse appear and what to say to get the Mickey Mouse-katools. Oh no, it’s starting. Soon I’ll be listening to Disney songs in the car and all that fun stuff. I could keep going and going. Of course, it’s not all fun and games, and sometimes he is a stinker and has started to wake up at night just to need to be rocked for a few minutes, which is frustrating, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.  I am a mom, and one that thinks the world revolves around her child.

First time on the swing. He doesn’t look like he quite knows how he feels about it. Logan Pictures 001

Hamming it up for the camera. Logan Pictures 002

First time at a water park. He really didn’t like it at first, but he got used to it and loved the warm water. He looks like he’s got something very important on his mind.Logan Pictures 003

First college football game. BYU. Thanks Davey for the great deal on the tickets!!!Logan Pictures 004

I love these pajamas. I wish you could see it better, but there’s a sticker namecard printed on it and it says “Hello, My Name is Future Mr. Right."Logan Pictures 005 
Trying with all his might to get that whole ball in his mouth.Logan Pictures 006

He loved the swing. Or maybe he was just smiling at Daddy.Logan Pictures 007

So wish this wasn’t blurry. That is just the cutest expression. Logan Pictures 008 
What a charmer.  Logan Pictures 010

What you lookin’ at? Logan Pictures 011

Enjoying his time at Chili’s. He and the waiter became good friends. He quite enjoyed the Cajun Chicken Pasta and Molten Chocolate Cake, too!Logan Pictures 012

This was also the day that we got approached by a talent company for him. I will admit, we got a little pulled into the idea of him “modeling” for awhile. It’s flattering when someone thinks your baby is that cute. Thanks to Grandma Bell for the way cute shirt. He is a walking crawling advertisement for Old Navy. Old Navy shirt, pants, and socks.Logan Pictures 013

Having fun with Dad.Logan Pictures 014

Cigar, anyone?Logan Pictures

Our bathroom doesn’t have a tub and he is too big for the baby bath, so we bathe him in our kitchen sink. It actually works perfectly. And don’t worry, I thoroughly clean it first. He LOVES it. He never wants to get out.Logan Pictures 015 Logan Pictures 016

“Crawling” to Dad. Logan Pictures 017 Logan Pictures 018

He found that string in 0.5 seconds flat. Logan Pictures 019

Sometimes I think about Grandma and Grandpa Bell and how much they are missing out there in California. I get so sad  thinking about it. I will try to do better to post more for you. I am glad that we are able to catch you on Skype sometimes. Hopefully the next post will have some videos!

1 comment:

Julie/Mom said...

I want to jump on a plane right now so I can give some grandma hugs and kisses!!! Love all the pictures. He is getting so big and soooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am loving the curly hair. I am so looking forward to your visit in Dec. It is hard being so far from my grandson but pictures do help. Thanks