I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Friday, June 10, 2011

He’s So Grown Up

I was just looking at videos of Logan from around Christmas and the first of the year, and I can’t believe how different he looks from just six months ago. And his HAIR. Oh my goodness, it was so short. And it is sooooo long now. I keep saying that we are going to get his haircut, but when it comes time, I just don’t do it. I’m afraid of losing his curls!

Anyway, I’ve been meaning to give a little update on Logan and the things he does now. He has so much of a personality, and he always has, but it just gets more fun each day. And he is doing so much lately and picks up on things so quickly now. And finally, one of those things is walking! Of course he still prefers crawling, but now he will walk across a whole room and will let go of whatever is supporting him on his own without us forcing him to. I really was worried there for awhile, but it seems like the time has finally come. Everybody has been telling me that once he starts walking I am going to wish I could go back to when he couldn’t, but I don’t think so. I am hoping in a few weeks that we will actually be able to play outside without having to hold him the majority of the time. YEA!!!! We’ve been promising him that we will take him to the zoo when he walks. Cuz of course he totally understands what that means.

Logan playing basketball.

Anyway, here are some of the things that Logan is doing now:
***walking {oh wait, did I already say that?}
***he folds his arms now when we ask him to or when we say “prayer.” So cute. He also starts praying himself once his arms are folded. Even cuter.
***He blows on his food when we put it in front of him. Even if it’s a banana or something. And he also blows on our food. He’s so helpful. Open-mouthed smile
***He gets us diapers when we ask him to.
***He is so good at giving kisses. Just ask for one and he'll be happy to oblige!
***He signs “please.” When I tell him to, when I say “ask nicely” or on his own when he really wants something.
***He also signs “more.” This one he does on his own but not as often; but whenever I say more he signs it as well as says “Booow” (boh.)
***He says dog. And the way he says it you know how much he loves them. {Sorry kid. Not happening.} He gets so excited when he sees, or hears, them too. Jumps up and down. My sister’s next door and backyard neighbor both have dogs, and since I’ve been watching her kids two days a week, every time we pull into the driveway he points to the backyard all excited because he knows there’s a dog there. And when we are inside and hear the dog bark, he gets all excited and wants to go out and see him.
***Really, he gets excited about any animal he sees.
***He loves to use his own fork and spoon. And he actually does quite well.
***He waves to everyone and everything (animals, cars, etc.) and nothing. The other day my parents brought him to my work and I watched as they walked to the building. He was waving from the second he was out of the car until he got in the building. And there was NOBODY there.
***Sometimes when we are walking and he is sitting in the stroller he holds our hand.
***If you say “I’m gonna get you!” or “Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum” in a deep voice (this is my thing) he laughs and squeals and starts to crawl away as fast as he can. Then eventually he’ll crawl back to you so you can tickle him. He’s very ticklish and his laugh is so awesome.
***He is a very difficult napper but bedtime is a cinch. At 7:00 we go into his room and turn the sound machine on, then he lays his head on our shoulder while we sing him a song or two (unless he just wants to go to bed, then he’ll just reach out for the crib,) then we lay him down and don’t hear a peep until 6:30 or so in the morning. (For the most part, this is the way it's been for about a year, but we still consider it a blessing. I LOVE and NEED my sleep.)

{Sorry about the extra show on this one!}
Logan signing

Okay, whew! I didn’t know I had made that so long. I am just so proud of my little big guy. He makes us laugh all the time and just makes everybody so happy. We love him so much. Call me crazy, but I am not looking forward to next month when he goes into nursery. Sad smile  It’ll be a sad day for me. But HOPEFULLY maybe it’ll help our primary kids actually behave in class. (Don’t even get me started on that….)

3 comments:

Trista said...

That last video is SO stinkin' cute! And I love his curls--no cutting them just yet. He is absolutely adorable.

Julie/Mom said...

This just makes me miss him all the more. So sad that we missed his phone call today. Maybe we can skype tomorrow.

Courtney said...

Yeah, don't be so quick to chop the locks. Never know if they'll ever grow again...

Why are you not quitting your job so we can hang out the last month before I move? This confuses me.