I found out I was pregnant the day before Thanksgiving. We had been hoping to get pregnant for almost a year and a half, so I was a little hesitant to get my hopes up at all. But, finally, it did happen! And we were/are elated. This little GIRL is due July 30. Still 4 months away! My goodness! We are so excited to have a little girl.
Just the same as with Logan, I have not been sick at all. Thank goodness! I think the Lord knows me well enough to know that if I did get sick, I'd make everyone around me miserable, so he spared them. Because boy, did I have a hard enough time with the exhaustion. Ask Jeremy. I was tired and irritable and felt like a pretty terrible mom (and wife....but that didn't make me feel as bad because I figured Jeremy understood why) there for a few months because of my impatience. But of course, Logan didn't care. He still always wanted Mom, even if I was the reason he was upset. I just love the unconditional love of these little ones!!! So yes, I do knownhow incredibly blessed I am that I don't get sick. I'm still exercising 4-5 times a week, and was running 4 miles up to about 20 weeks.... But, running is getting a bit harder!
She is healthy and moving around more and more every day. Logan felt her move the other day and the look on his face was just priceless! By far the best part about being pregnant is feeling the baby inside move (she's moving like crazy right now!) It makes all the weight gain and tiredness and all that other stuff worth it. I love this quote I saw on Pinterest: "No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
I'm so grateful that I get to look forward to being a mom for the second time. I know it's the most important thing I'll ever do. And although it's not always easy or exciting, I truly do love it. It's a blessing I try not to take for granted.
Because I know my mom wants to see these, I'm posting a picture of me from a few days ago. Just shy of 22 weeks.
4 comments:
Yay, congrats! There is nothing quite like the feel of a kick or a jab from inside...melts your heart into a big puddle!
Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys! Way to keep up on the running too! That is so impressive!!
Love the bump!
how exciting! a girl! congrats! I love the quote about hearing my heart inside and out. It's very sweet.
Post a Comment