I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Friday, March 22, 2013

Pictures From a Few Recent Excursions

Wow, I'm horrible at blogging lately. It's hard for me to even remember what things to blog about when I wait so long.

But we have had some fun lately. We have so many fun places nearby that we can go to, and along with our weekly visits to the aquarium and almost as frequent visits to Thanksgiving Point (though not so much lately), we've also checked out a few new haunts, thanks to some great deals that also make it all very cheap!

We went to the Discovery Gateway Museum in Salt Lake with Cassie and company (we tagged along with their play group). We hadn't been there since Logan's 1st birthday, so it was fun to see how much more involved Logan was with everything there. It's definitely more suited for 3 year olds than 1 year olds I think!






 Our little news and weather specialists!


 
 Boy was he excited to sweep! He loves to help at home, too.

 A large majority of our time was spent here. Playing in water is the best!






Then just a few weeks ago we went up to Ogden with the Lombardis and Bytheways to check out the Tree House Museum. Oh my goodness, what a great place! So many fun things for the kids to do. And it's so big. I'll be honest, I kind of lost him a time or two. He's not usually one to wander off, but he did here! If it was closer I'd totally have a pass, Logan didn't play with even 1/10 of the fun (and educational) stuff there. I wish I had taken more pictures, but I was too busy holding a sweet little 3 month old!

He had no idea where we were going, but he knew we were going with his friends and he just couldn't wait to get going!
 And let the fun begin!


 Puppet Show
Of course, a tree house. How cool is that?

 

 This wasn't necessarily my intention, but this was the last part of the museum we spent time at. There seems to always be something that catches their attention more than anything else, and this was it. A place to build castles and be knights and kings and dragons!!! What gets better than that? I honestly think we were almost here for an hour.







I love that there are places like this for kids to go and play but also, unknowingly, learn a little bit, too. It's so fun to watch Logan find so much joy in these things. And especially his friends. He loves his cousins and if too much time goes by without seeing them he gets upset and asks if he's going to see them. If I have to say no he says "But I love him/her." So sweet.

Thanks for all the fun, guys!

No comments: