I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Easter

We had a fun Easter. Of course, Logan woke up at 5:30 in the morning with labored breathing, so it changed a few of our plans. And he didn't get to wear his new Easter suit (the things we have to deal with.) He still got to find his Easter basket, hunt for the eggs we had decorated, and go to Easter dinner with the family (luckily by then he was feeling better) and have an Easter egg hunt with them.

Looking for his Easter basket.
Found it! (Don't mind the mess....it's all cleaned up now.)
Looking at all the stuff the Easter Bunny gave him. Score! (Poor kid couldn't breathe and had to take deep breaths between every two words. It's makes me so sad to watch the video and hear that. But he was so excited he didn't care.) (By the way, I know the video is long but I thought I'd post it for the grandparents.)





Looking for his dyed Easter eggs! (Sorry for the sideways picture. It uploaded from our computer like that, even though it's not that way on our computer, and I can't figure out how to turn it.)


 I made our traditional bunny cake. It wasn't the cutest but tasted good!
  After dinner Trista gave us a little Easter message before the madness of the egg hunt. The kids were listening intently.





 Gina holding off all the kids before they ran out to find the eggs.








 Trina and I showing off our bellies. She's about 3 months ahead of me....and I'll get to see the handsome boy of hers a week from today. Can't wait!

(Logan was cracking me up and telling Blake he couldn't eat his candy yet. He knew he had to wait until we told him he could, so he wanted to make sure the other kids didn't get in trouble. Our little boy is so obedient, I love it. And we still have a lot of candy left, too.)

It was a great Easter, and made even better that Logan ended the day breathing normally again. I know it can get lost in all the non-related festivities, but I'm so grateful for this holiday; that we celebrate Christ's victory over death and that it's a gift he gave to all of us. I'm so grateful for his love for me and all that He suffered to make it possible for me to return to Him again.

2 comments:

Trista said...

The cake was so cute! And we all know your place was a mess to make it more difficult for Logan to find his basket, silly!

Julie/Mom said...

Thank you for the video! Loved every minute! Love you Logan!!