Logan's solo days with me will be coming to an end anytime now (hopefully sooner than later!) And while I obviously can't wait for this baby girl to join our family and to hold her in my arms and love on her all I can, there's an itsy bitsy little part of me that will miss the one on one time with Logan. I promise myself daily that I will make sure to give Logan special time everyday.
So. I thought I'd share the latest about Logan. In the words of his uncle, "this kid is awesome."
***WARNING. Lots of cheesiness and my-kid-is-the-best-kid-ever stuff ahead. Sorry. Or not.... This blog is for me anyway. :)****
Logan is a mellow and very careful kid. He's not one to get into trouble. He's never really gotten into things and still doesn't. Most of the time he asks for permission to do things and has to follow the rules. And he worries a bit too much about whether other kids are doing the same. I'm trying to get him to only worry about himself. That's still a work in progress. :) I realize that I may not get such a calm child this next time around. I'm trying to brace myself for that possibility!
Logan thinks that any and every kid is his friend. I absolutely love this about him. When he plays at the park or at the gym he points to kids and says "that boy/girl is my friend." Of course, he doesn't think to ask them their names. They're just the "yellow girl" or "green boy" (whatever color of shirt they're wearing.)
We try to read scriptures to him every night and I love the way I can see his mind working by the questions he asks or the things he says. My favorite recently was when we came to a picture of Jesus on the cross and he said "I don't want Jesus to die." It was so sweet. And he always looks for the holes in Jesus' hands. I always tell Logan that Jesus knows and loves him and sometimes follow that with how Jesus knows and loves everyone. So Logan asks me if he loves people we don't know and I tell him yes. Now he has started to ask me if I love people I don't know. Like, the people in the car ahead of us or that person over there in the store. Um..........yes. :)
Logan has to have a name for everything. When we're just playing something random he asks "What are we playing?" And we either come up with a name or he makes one up, usually just gibberish words. One of his favorite games lately is "Try to squish me." Where one of us sits on the edge of the couch and he runs across it behind us and we lean back and try to squish him. Doesn't it just sound like the time of your life?
Logan likes to know his schedule every day. He always asks me what we're going to do. "And then what? And then what?" This is fine when I have a schedule, but when I don't it can be a bit annoying. Because he doesn't like the "I don't know" answer. Which sometimes is all I've got.
Mom is always the one who puts Logan to bed. And we have a routine. I always sings the same 3 songs and in the same order. Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, Rock-a-Bye Baby, and I Love to See the Temple (ONLY the first verse.) Then he sits on my lap for a few minutes while we talk. My favorite part of the day. Then when I put him down and start to walk out he yells "Mom! I need to ask you a question!" So I walk back and he says "Did you know eeeeeeeeeverybody loves me?" (It used to be "Did you know Jesus loves me?") Yes bud. Everybody loves you.
Up until this past week he was dead set on the fact that he had a baby in his belly, too. And it was a boy. And his name was Brady. When I'd try to tell him that he didn't, he'd get mad. When I'd ask him why his belly wasn't getting big like mine, he'd stick his stomach out. I was worried he'd be super upset when my baby came out and his didn't. But luckily we seem to be passed this.
Everything is a competition to him. And somehow he thinks he's the best at everything. "I'm so good at this." "I'm way better than him." And my favorite "I'm way faster than cars." And most of the time, he's not. I obviously don't tell him this. I'll let him think he's awesome at everything for as long as he can. But I do hate that he is kind of putting other people down to do it. Luckily he's saying it to me, not to them.
Logan LOOOOOOVES screen time. It's getting worse. He's always enjoyed watching TV, but it's kind of starting to become a problem. He asks to watch TV all the time and will get upset when I tell him no. Lately he spends the entire hour at the gym in the computer area. Which I HATE. Our "solution" to that is that if he's on the computers when I pick him up he doesn't get to watch TV in the morning when he wakes up; which, unfortunately, is routine. And when he knows someone has an i-pad it's the first thing he asks them for. It drives me absolutely crazy. I need to figure out a solution to this.
He won't potty train. And it drives me crazy because he'll tell us "I peed." Grrr..... He does poop in the toilet sometimes but has never peed. I know that's a little backwards from most kids. But even though he has done that, we are by no means anywhere close to being close to being potty trained. He tells me he'll do it when "he's bigger. Like Jaxon." (who's 14.) Yeah. We'll see how that goes.
He constantly says "you wanna see something?" in a way that makes it sound like it'll be the coolest thing I've ever seen. Because you know, watching him take a big bite of dinner or push a car across the floor IS the coolest thing I've ever seen.
He's pretty darn smart. And I've noticed lately that his brain seems to work mathematically. When he's not realizing what he's doing, he'll do adding and subtracting really quickly. Like when I tell him he can choose 5 books to read before bed and he grabs 2, he knows exactly how many more he needs. But of course, when I try to sit down with him and work to hone this skill, he wants nothing to do with it. That's the way it is with any "schooling" I try to do. I guess I should be grateful it seems to come pretty naturally to him. He can spell and write his name all by himself, which surprised me.
Okay, I guess that's enough. We seriously just love this kid so much. He's such a good kid and makes us laugh and so very happy. Maybe every parent thinks this, but I do believe he is a special spirit and I'm so grateful that he's in my home and I get to spend every day with him.
3 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment