I absolutely did not want to go past my due date, so I scheduled an induction on my due date, July 30. I really hoped that she would decide to come on her own before then, but she just wouldn't do it. So we went to the hospital at 7:15, got all set up and ready to go, and they started me on the Pitocin around 8:00. The contractions started almost immediately. Because of how far along I was when I got to the hospital with Logan (I was at a 10) I had considered doing this thing naturally, with no pain medication. Jeremy will attest to the fact that for the next hour and a half or so I kept going back and forth as to whether or not to get the epidural. Jeremy refused to make the decision for me (how rude!) and I know I was annoying him to no end with my indecisiveness. Evenutally, the contractions got bad enough that I decided to take advantage of modern medicine. But of course, by the time the anesthesiologist came in, the contractions were super intense. The nurse checked me after the anesthesiologist was done and I was at a 9. And.the epidural didn't fully kick in until I was ready to push. So yet again, I pretty much went through my full labor without any meds. Why do I do this to myself?!?!?!?! My amazing doctor came in and it was time to push. 3 pushes and less than 5 minutes later, our beautiful baby girl was here! I guess a 2 1/2 hour induced labor is pretty fast? Go me! Or maybe I should give Lydia the credit. (I asked for a mirror this time. It was pretty cool to be able to see it all happen.)
Getting ready for the pain to start.
She's here!!!
Logan's first time meeting his little sister. Can't you tell how excited he is?
That's better.
Opening his awesome present from Lydia.
All of the wonderful family who came to visit in the hospital.
The beautiful view from my room.
The going home outfit. I had brought a denim skirt for her to wear as well, but it just fell off of her. She looks cute anyway!
And some pictures from home.
Love these feet!
Awesome Grandma keeping Logan entertained.
He's warming up to her!!! He now asks to hold her a lot and seems fascinated with her little nose and hands and feet. Love it.
Me and my babies.
Yea for headbands and cute cute clothes!
Lydia and Shelby, 8 months apart.
There's no question these two are siblings. They could be twins.
6 comments:
She's lovely! You look great! Congrats!
congrats! glad everything went so well. sorry i wasnt any help on the epidural dilemma. i was driving that whole time and couldnt text very well. She is precious. So happy for you!
what a sweet girl! You poor thing suffering without meds twice! I love your captions of Logan holding her for the first time. Congrats.
What a sweet girl! I hate that you went without meds just about the entire time twice! not cool. I love your caption on the photo's of Logan holding her for the first time. Congrats!
She is beautiful! And I am completely jealous about your deliveries. So glad everything went so smoothly.
She is beautiful! And I am so completely jealous about your delivery! So glad everything went smoothly.
Post a Comment