I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ten

Two week's worth....again.

1. We went to visit my grandpa last Friday night. He is 92 years old, and unfortunately, he recently has started to act his age. I am horrible and had never been to his apartment before, so we thought we'd drop by and say hi before he went to Texas for about a month. What a cute man.
2. Jeremy got new tires on my car last Saturday and cleaned the house.
3. While he was doing that, I went to Megan’s (roommate from Freshman Year) Bridal Shower in Provo. She is the final of the 6 of us to get married. Yea!!! I unfortunately couldn't make it to her reception. Here are the three of us from that Freshman year that were at the shower.
4. When I came home I came home to beautiful roses. Thanks babe!
5. We went to In ‘N Out for dinner, finally. The drive thru line was outrageous, but not bad at all inside. But, just as in the one in Vegas, you have to keep your eyes out for someone to leave so you can snag a seat. Then we watched The Phantom of the Opera. Maybe one of the few musicals I can make Jeremy watch without feeling like I am torturing him.
6. We now go to a new ward house and church is now at 11:00. Call me crazy, but I think I prefer 9:00 (it's easier to take a Sunday nap.) I walked into the building and thought we were in the old one. Completely identical. Which is good because I would probably get lost otherwise.
7. Jeremy taught Gospel Doctrine as a substitute. It was on the Church Correlation; a pretty hard topic but I think he really did a great job. Honestly, not just because he's my husband.
8. We got our first really big snow of the season. I never thought I’d say it, but I was kind of happy. It didn’t really feel like Christmas to me without it, and if it’s going to be so bitterly cold, we might as well have some snow to show for it!
9. Last Monday I went to a CPR class and got CPR certified! The city I work in wants to be a "Heart Safe Community" and they offer it for free to those who live, work or volunteer in the city. They asked if they could use me as an example for how to do the Heimlich maneuver on a pregnant lady. Fun for me. And, somehow I lost my phone in the two minutes it took me to get to my car from my desk.
10. Thursday we went downtown to see A Kurt Bestor Christmas. We had gone to that concert five years ago, and my sister was generous enough to give us some tickets she had so we could, in a way, celebrate that five years. It was AWESOME. Thanks so much Misti! You rock.
11. Saturday we went shopping for what seemed like FOREVER. I was getting really tired of getting in and out of the car. But we got a lot done! It was a very successful trip.
12. The Elder's Quorum had an activity that night so Jeremy went and played Wii with people from the ward. He came home with a King Size Twix to share with me.
13. I have been without a phone now for over a week. I thought I'd hate it, but it's not that bad. I just hate driving in this weather without it, in case something happens. Today though, a guy at work brought it to me. He found it in the parking lot. It has been sitting out there for over a week, through several snow storms. Needless to say, I definitely need to replace it. But I am SO happy that I have my SIM card.
14. Jeremy is done with school for the semester! YAY!!! Finals are over. Yeah baby.

3 comments:

Terri Griffith said...

I agree about the snow if it is going to be cold I better have a white Christmas

Alixa said...

what, no belly picture? You only have a month left. YOu must document the hugeness. Sorry about Richmond being far far away from Utah. Oh well, it will give us another chance to do the east coast vacay like we did when I got married.

Amanda said...

Yay, you found your phone!! I'm glad. I almost texted you the other day but then I realized you'd never get it in time.