I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's About Time

Well, I guess it’s about time for an update! I really shouldn’t wait so long because I don’t know if I can choose just a few pictures! For the past five weeks I have been a stay at home mom! For the most part, it’s been great and I dread thinking about going back to work. I am lucky that I can go to my parent’s house when I really need to get out of the house. Anyway, Logan is so freaking adorable. He really is a good looking boy, and I don’t think I think that just because I am his mom (after all, I was the one that was so worried the whole nine months that we were going to have an UGLY baby and swore I would be unbiased.) He is getting pretty big. At his two week appointment (even though he was almost three weeks), the doctor was worried about his weight gain. So she had me start giving him a bottle after nursing him and told me to go in the next week for a weight check. Well, I went in 9 days later and he had gained a whole pound, in one week. Nice. Last Wednesday he was 9 pounds 12 ounces. Unfortunately, he now prefers the bottle over his mommy. I am working on it, but I don’t think that’s going to change.

I love holding him when he falls asleep. And pretty much every time, when he is almost asleep, he gets these big smiles on his face and it is so adorable. I’ve tried to get it on camera but can never quite catch it. Sorry you’re missing out. And I’ve been lucky that he sleeps pretty well through the night. The vast majority of the time he only wakes up once a night and he usually falls back to sleep pretty well, too. (Last night he slept for 7 straight hours. Hallelujah!) I’m still tired, but I know that it could be a lot worse! He also loves his hands and fingers. He is constantly moving them and sucking on them and grabbing at things. I don’t know, maybe every baby does it, but I love it. And I love just holding and looking at him and kissing him. Like I said, he’s a cutie.

The past several weeks he has been a pretty fussy baby. He will cry, sometimes scream, at random times, whether we are holding him or not (it’s happening (the screaming) as I write this actually; Jeremy’s being a patient daddy,) when it seems like he has absolutely no reason to. I’ll be honest, it makes it REALLY hard sometimes, and there have been times that I’ve broken down and cried because I don’t know what to do (I am far more emotional now than I was when I was pregnant.) I hope this is a phase that will pass soon. It’s not all perfect, and sometimes I feel immensely overwhelmed and wonder if I am really cut out to be a mom. But that usually passes when I watch him sleeping or hold him when he is not crying and he looks up at me with those big blue eyes. Amazing how that happens.

As for me and Jeremy; my parents were kind enough to watch him last Saturday so that Jeremy and I could have a little date. Jeremy doesn’t get home from work until 7:30 every night, so we only get to see him for a few hours each night, and I’ll admit, I miss him (I know, I’m a little pathetic.) We went to Sherlock Holmes then ate at Cafe Rio. It was really nice to have some one on one time with each other, but we were happy to get back to our baby.

I love our little guy and although I think the time is flying by way too fast (he’s already 5 ½ weeks old!), I can’t wait for him to start “talking” and to see him develop his little personality. It only gets better from here.

We visited great-grandpa with Trista and her kids so he could see his two newest great-grandchildren.
No words needed.
Looks like he's about ready to start holding his own bottle!

Folding his arms already.


This is what happens when he is sucking on his fingers and you try to put his binky in.

I absolutely LOVE this picture, and this outfit.

Yummy!

I love this baby bath!

He fell asleep during tummy time. He usually hates it.

Oh how I wish he liked the swing.
Aunt Terri, Uncle Dave and cousin Nathan came to visit.

He really likes to lay like this on daddy.

Valentine's party with all but one of the Lombardi cousins.

Like I said, he loves to suck on his hands!

Look at those eyes!

I LOVE little baby jeans. So cute!

With cousin Miri, born exactly one week later. I don't know what he's doing here.

LOVE the Boppy.
Grandma Bell also came to visit, but I guess I didn't take any pictures... I have some in my e-mail but I haven't downloaded them yet. I guess I need to work on that!

10 comments:

Kerri said...

I remember those days when Aidan would cry and cry and I just couldn't figure out why! Don't worry it is just a phase.

Trista said...

He has beautiful big blue eyes. Yummy!
You got on the internet and didn't send me the pics of yesterday? Shame on you!
And you are ALWAYS welcome to come here when you need to get out. We'd love to have you, maybe even watch some Buffy. :D

Terri Griffith said...

I don't think you are biased he really is a cute baby.Gotta love the eyes!Keep the pictures coming!

Unknown said...

Oh so very cute!! You're right he is a cutie! Sorry he's been so fussy for you. My first was WAY fussy. Wouldn't sleep for more than 1.5 hours at a time 24/7. yuck. Keep up the awesome work! You're such a great mom!

Taunia said...

Such adorable pictures. He is always welcome here - he is an angel when he visits grandma!

Cassie L. said...

He is gorgeous. And it is good to see that you and your blog are still alive. I was wondering....I need to see you both soon.

erikface said...

This is Kim Evans, i am logged on as my husband. Anywho, he's gorgeous! clay was colicie and it sucked. Have you tried mylicon drops? Could be a number of things, but it's random screams it's probably gas. Maybe massage his belly and push up his leggies. i don't miss my screamy clay! and it is all phases. Wow! bless him sleeping 7 hrs! Formula helps with that.
So you have to go back to work? Oh chika I feel ya. It's hard, but it does get better. It helped me to know that there other people in the same situation as me. It's hard, but you will always be his mom. He's LOVE you no matter what. And your emotions will work themselves out. Just hang in there. Love you.

Debbie said...

It seems like you're going through exactly when I went through with both of my babies. Him crying a lot could be that he's just hungry. Has he been crying a lot since you started supplementing with formula? I noticed that after starting to supplement, my milk supply went down without my knowing it, and my babies would just cry and cry, and it was just because they weren't getting enough to eat. My doctor put me on Reglan, which is a medicine that helped boost up my milk supply again, and things were SO much better after that. So it could possibly be that, or it could just be that he's gassy. That's amazing that he's sleeping so well for you. You are one lucky mom! Don't worry about the crazy hormones, they really do get better quickly. I'm so happy you're loving being a mom!!!

~Debbie (Reed) Perkins

Julie/Mom said...

Can't wait to see our little Logan in April. We are bringing lots of hugs and kisses!!!!

Megan said...

he is sooo cute! I want to meet him!