I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ten for a few weeks....

I know it's been forever since I've posted. Unfortunately, we no longer have the internet at home and blogs are blocked at my work, so it's hard for me to post anything. Hopefully we can get that fixed.

I know this is extremely long and picture-less, but it's what I've got. I'll do pictures when I have more time.

Ten for a few weeks

1. A few Saturdays ago we went down to Provo for a Baby Contest. I turned into the mom I didn’t want to be…the one who thinks her baby is just the cutest! Anyway, he cried when he was getting “judged”, so needless to say he didn’t win. The poor guy was just plain tired. I decided it was his way of saying "Mom, none of this baby contest nonsense, just let me be a baby."
2. That same day we dropped him off at Trista's house and went to Iron Man 2. I loved it.
3. My parents had to be somewhere all day last Wednesday so Jeremy was able to stay home with Logan. I was a little jealous, but I don’t have any paid vacation or sick days for the rest of the year. L
4. Terri, Jeremy’s sister, drove up from Idaho on Wednesday to spend some QUALITY time with me and my sister. We went to the Backstreet Boys concert! Yes people, Backstreet Boys. And it was AMAZING. We were on the ninth row on the floor, smack dab in the middle! I ran into some girls from high school there and we were talking about our kids. One of them said “This is weird. We are at a BSB concert talking about our kids.” She was right. Very weird.
5. It has been nice and warm for the past few weeks, so we’ve been able to take Logan outside. He LOVES being outside and looking at all the cars and trees and anything else.
6. I walked with him to Redbox on Friday night and we rented Valentine’s Day. It started out a bit boring but by the end I was enjoying it. I don’t know if Jeremy would say the same.
7. This week we had the HBO channels for a preview weekend. So we’ve been able to watch (or record) a lot of movies that we’ve never seen. Max Payne (alright), Jurassic Park (classic), Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure (really?), Wolverine, My Sister’s Keeper, The Half Blood Prince, 12 Rounds (just blow-up action-fun), Dragonball: Evolution (just time filler as we cleaned, but actually pretty entertaining.) I know that that is an awful lot of movies, but we’ve been doing other CONSTRUCTIVE things while we watched them, and haven’t watched all of them yet.
8. For Father’s Day I made homemade Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast, Jeremy got a Sports Illustrated subscription and a few shirts, and he had his favorite dessert, Strawberry Shortcake. I think it was a pretty good day for him. At least I hope I was. Logan slept really well that day, too. Jeremy is a great father. He’s so good at playing with him and talking in a “baby voice” and helping me with feeding and changing and all that good stuff. He’s a natural. Logan’s a pretty lucky baby.
9. Quite a few weekends ago I actually sewed something! I know it’s sad how exciting that is, but it’s a pretty good accomplishment for me. I went to my sister’s and she helped me sew some blankets for Logan. Grandma Bell made some AWESOME blankets that are perfect for wrapping him, but now that it is hot the flannel is just too warm. So my sister and I made some cotton blankets. They don’t hold him in quite as well as the other ones, but they are some much better for this weather.
10. Speaking of the warm weather, my work is about a 2 minute drive from my gym. So during lunch Trina and I have been able to go to the pool and dip our legs in or just lay there. So nice. It’s my new therapeutic “tanning” session. That was part of the reason I loved tanning, it just felt so good and I got nice warm power naps. It has almost been 2 years since I've gone! I deserve a reward.

As for Logan, he’s doing awesome. He’s extremely happy, and although he doesn’t LAUGH a ton, he smiles all the time. I love the huge smile that he gets when he sees me or Jeremy. He is still sleeping through the night, except for those occasions when he gets himself unwrapped at 4 or 5 in the morning and wakes himself up. He’s usually pretty good at going back to sleep though. He has been constipated the last few weeks, which is very hard for me to watch and for him to go through. Poor guy. He has the saddest face when he’s trying to push it out. He is still talking like crazy, has finally discovered his feet, and sometimes we’ll find him lying in a position we didn’t put him in. He just turns himself in complete circles when he plays with his feet so much. He’s adorable and we love him so much. We know how lucky we are to have him strong and healthy and are grateful for him every day.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

If you're able to do solids with Logan, try a few bites of prunes or some prune juice for his constipation. I remember one time when my dad was feeding Wes lunch and he gave him TWO containers of baby prunes. Oh. My Gosh. Explosion. So it works. Glad you're all doing well. And we really need to get together soon.