I really truly am a brunette. Have been all my life. But I can't help but wonder if these gray hairs of mine are blond ones in disguise.
I love my car for many reasons. To list a few, the lights turn on and off themselves. Before this car, you would often find my car connected to another car with jumper cables. I have remote control entry, which helps to avoid locking keys in the car. Awesome. And, my car doesn't let me take my keys out unless it is in Park. Never really knew that was an issue......
A month or so ago I drove Jeremy's car to work. I was driving out of the parking lot to go home when I remembered that I forgot something. So I pulled into a parking spot and got out to run into the office. I considered locking the door (he doesn't have remote control entry), but decided that I'd only be gone for one minute so I didn't need to. THANK GOODNESS. Because when I shut the door I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. The car was rolling backwards!!! I threw open the door and pulled up on the emergency break. Whew! Disaster diverted. The car was still in gear. Had I not noticed the rolling, or had I locked the door, I very easily could have "backed into" another car.
One more. Last Friday I again drove Jeremy's car to work and went to the gym afterward. When I got into the car to go home, the car wouldn't turn on. Great. I thought that I had left the lights on (as is customary for me with manual lights). But I checked and the lights were off, and it wouldn't have been dark enough for lights anyway. Well, I looked down and sure enough, the car is still in Drive. Somehow that whole hour that I was in the gym, my car sat perfectly still in the parking lot while still in gear and with no emergency brake on. Thank goodness for a flat, level parking lot!!!!
{Maybe I should start using the emergency brake by default?}
3 years ago
5 comments:
I just went with Google's spell check, which said the blond is spelled without an "e". Maybe Google is blond(e)?
I'm with you on the blond spelling thing. I think with an e is like french or something. But, who doesnt put the car in park? The answer is me. I try all the time to take my keys out but they wont come because the car is still in gear. I can sympathize! We can blame it on the babies... they eat our brain!
I think that Jeremy shouldn't let you drive his car anymore cause I am guessing it won't be around too much longer if he does!
Maybe you shouldn't borrow Jeremy's car anymore?...lol that's funny.
Post a Comment