I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Friday, September 23, 2011

Bell Family Vacay

Last week was a fun and exciting one for Logan and me. We were able to drive to California and spend the week with Jeremy’s family; his parents and two twin sisters and their families. Because Jeremy was blessed enough to get a new job, he wasn’t able to come. It was very sad and we missed him terribly, but other than that and the one night that Logan refused to sleep, we had a blast!

We went to Railtown 1897 to look at the old trains and railroad station (also where Back to the Future III was filmed), spent time at Pinecrest Lake {Logan was  STINKER!}, went shooting (Kerri stayed behind with the kids), went horseback riding (Grandpa stayed behind), got to enjoy 3ish hours without power, went out to eat and to the movie Contagion (the grandparents stayed behind), and went to Columbia, an old town established during the search for GOLD.

And most of all, we were able to hang out and spend time with the family. Logan was able to play with his cousins {as well as aunts, uncles, and grandparents} that he never gets to see, and I got to get to know my in-laws a bit better. It was tons of fun and Logan very much misses his friends. Mom just doesn’t seem to do it…. 
For example: First, you need to know that Logan would wake up from naps or in the morning saying “PLAY!!!” while pointing downstairs, where he and all of his cousins would spend their time playing. So cute {and also frustrating when it would cause him to NOT sleep.} Well, Sunday, our first day back home we were in the kitchen and he was being a bit whiny, so I asked him if he wanted to go play. He got all excited so I took him over to his toys and sat down on the ground with him to play. Well, he got very upset, started crying, stood up and walked over and pointed to the stairs that lead to upstairs, where his cousins that we live with are. It was so cute and sad all at the same time. Apparently, he now associates the word “play” to actually playing with friends.  Now he knows how boring Mommy is. Sad smile

We stayed Friday night in Wells, NV {Jeremy drove} so that we could meet up and drive the rest of the way with Terri, Dave, Nathan, and Chief (the Great Dane.) I was a little worried about what Logan’s reaction would be to BIG the dog, but I’m pretty sure the first word out of his mouth Saturday morning was “Dog!” Not scared at all.
100_2430
Grocery shopping with his new friend.
100_2437
The cabin.
Julie Pics16
100_2442100_2443100_2445
Logan saw Aidan helping make the rolls and just had to join in, too.
100_2448
Terri and I were shucking corn and Logan kept asking for some. I figured giving him one that was uncooked would deter him. Boy was I wrong. He loved it and ate the whole thing.
100_2452
Trucks were by far the most popular toy there. For all the boys.
100_2454
Flying a remote control helicopter. Luckily that thing is made to crash!
100_2461
The boys gave us quite a concert!
100_2471Terri Pics3
”Papa” reading the pop-up bug. Logan’s favorite. I was tempted to steal it from the cabin…
100_2477
Holding hands!
100_2478
Playing with the “choo choos,” Railtown.
100_2482
The whole gang.
Julie Pics 3
100_2507100_2515100_2520
“Stop being a baby and get in the water!” Pinecrest Lake.Julie Pics10
Julie Pics9
I had a lot of fun shooting.
100_2522100_2525
My sweet little Logan.
100_2528
100_2531100_2535
Wrestling with Grandpa!
Julie Pics 12
After a few days, I was FINALLY able to get Logan into the playhouse. He had a blast once he did.
100_2544100_2548
Me on the back of the horse. Sorry you can’t see the horse!100_2561100_2567
100_2571100_2576
The 4 boys! Aidan, Logan, Liam and Nathan. Thanks to Grandma for the matching shirts.
Julie Pics8
With Grandma.
Julie Pics5
Gold panning in Columbia.
Julie Pics17Julie Pics18
Julie Pics20Terri Pics11
Having so much fun sitting in his own seat on the plane! Can’t wait to see Daddy!
100_2586
Thanks for everyone for making it such a fun trip for us! We are so glad we were able to come.

2 comments:

Terri Griffith said...

We are so glad that you and Logan were able to come! we had a blast!

Trista said...

Shooting is fun! And your in-laws must have been in hog heaven having all their grandbabies with them. So fun.