I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

It was such a fun Christmas for us. We were able to share it with family, eat a lot, learn a little bit about South Africa, share talents, sing, act out the Nativity (and I must say Logan made quite the handsome shepherd,) do family gift exchange, open our traditional Christmas Eve pajamas, and go look for a lost dog (which we didn't find but who found her way home Christmas night) all on Christmas Eve.

We woke up on Christmas morning to cinnamon rolls and orange juice, then found our way over to the tree. Logan had a BLAST opening his presents and was a little upset when he was out of boxes to tear wrapping paper off of. We got to the point where he was done with his so I gave him one of mine, and after he opened it and saw that it was a pair of sparkly flats, his expression made it obvious that he was not very happy with "his" gift. So funny. And though he loved opening the presents, he also took the time to play with some of his toys in between, mainly his trucks.  We went to church then spent the rest of the day enjoying each other and new gifts, and of course food. I am so sad that it is over. There is something I love about being older, though. And that is that I enjoy the WHOLE Christmas season. As a kid, you just look forward to that one special day and then all of a sudden it is gone. But as an adult, I can enjoy the Christmas music, the decorations, the cooking and baking, the service, the time with family and friends, ALL of it. And it lasts so much longer than just one day!

 Christmas Eve



 The handsomest shepherd I ever did see!

 His first of many presents....the pajamas.

 Christmas morning.

 A new remote control truck. This kid loved both controlling it and running away from it!

 Is there anything funnier than that stance?
 I know, I know, his hair is WAY TOO LONG (but I guess I've figured that this month there are other things to spend money on,) but at least we can have fun with it! Maria thought it'd be great to give Logan a French  Braid.
 Doesn't he look pretty?
 Playing with his cousin Malia whom he LOVES.
 See that truck by him? It just ran into him, and it was apparently the funniest thing in the world.
 His Christmas stash.
More remote control car. He's very serious about it. And he kept that hood on his head ALL day and wouldn't let us take it off. He even napped with it up.


 Our little mini Justin Bieber. What a stud. (Logan, not Bieber.)
 Watching dad with his remote control helicopter. Boy does he think that thing is cool.

 And so does Dad.

I hope you were all able to enjoy your Christmas as much as we did!

1 comment:

Julie/Mom said...

What a great Christmas day you had!!! Love all the pics. Especially of Logan!!