I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Since I've Been Home


It’s been 3 months since I’ve been home as a MOM. And it’s been amazing. Being a full time mom was something that I’ve always ALWAYS wanted, but when it happened it wasn’t by choice; and at first I was upset. Not because I was home, but why I was home. But it really was such a blessing and an answer to many asked, and even unasked prayers. And there is no doubt in my mind that the Lord was behind it all. It was no coincidence that Jeremy got a new and better paying job just a week before I was laid off. And me being able to be home with Logan was one of the many things on my parents’ list of things they wanted crossed off before going on a mission, since they were his babysitters and I would have had to somehow find another option that I could be comfortable with and still afford. The Lord is looking out for us, and we are so grateful.

Life is a little bit different, and here are a few ways how.

  • I go to the gym 3-4 times a week now, it’s great. I feel so comfortable leaving Logan at the child care (it’s awesome), and that allows me to enjoy the workout. It was hard to leave him at first because he hated it, but now he just gives me a kiss and walks away, and I get exercise for an hour or so. I’m finally attending the classes there, and they have some awesome classes. Plus, it gets me going in the morning. Naturally, I’m quite a lazy person, so it’s a win win.
  • It’s a good thing I’m going to the gym more, because I’m pretty sure that I’m eating more. Lovely.
  • I finally got a library card, and Logan and I take weekly trips to the library, which he loves. He loves to read, and the second we get there he grabs book after book for me to read to him. He also loves the toys they have near the entrance. They even beat going outside and GoGurt, which is a mini miracle.
  • Our dishwasher fills up a whole lot quicker. Jeremy says it’s because I’m “actually” cooking. Not quite sure how I’m supposed to take that? It probably also has a little to do with the fact that I am home for breakfast and lunch, too.
  • I’ve learned that I don’t always have to have the TV on. I used to have it on if only for the noise, but now that Logan is so much more aware, I hate to have it on all day for him.
  • I’ve started to try new things. I’ve done a few crafts and stuff, and it’s fun. Thank goodness for Pinterest, or else I’d never know what to try.
I’m sure there are many more ways, but the biggest and best way is that I am home with Logan. It’s not perfect, and sometimes the days are so so long, and sometimes Logan drives me crazy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. He’s such a good boy with such a funny and animated personality. I have no idea how I was able to leave him so often. I do hate that I’m not helping to bring in any money, but if I did get a job it’d have to be one I could do from home and on my own time since his babysitters are leaving us, and those are slim pickings (but I’ll take any ideas!) And anyway, I believe I’m supposed to be here, and it’s where I want to be.  

I tried this little race track with masking tape on our carpet (thanks to Pinterest and Kerri). After about 2 seconds, he was done. Playing with it consisted of watching me push the cars around. Um, no. Don't think so.

Loving his new gloves.

Playing in the fort daddy made. I think daddy might be a little more fun than mommy. :(
  
Logan loves coloring. Again, a lot of times that consists of watching us color and draw. But that's a bit more fun than pushing a car around.

Our visit to The Living Planet Aquarium {with Terri, Dave and Nathan. No pictures of them. :(} Excited to use our new passes and make it a more common occurrence. 

Helping mom make breadsticks.

He's adorable and makes me laugh every day. There's NOTHING better than being a mom. It's seriously the best thing in the world. I hear him say "Momma" from his room every morning and afternoon when he wakes up there's nothing that beats that. Love you Boo.

4 comments:

Alixa said...

I didnt know you got laid off! Sorry about that but Im glad you get to be home with Logan. I can echo your sentiments exactly when you say that it is awesome, but also a little taxing sometimes. Also, Daddy's are always more fun than mommies. I think its because they are round less. They are like the novelty parent. Jenna asks for "her daddy" at least a thousand times a day. Oh well. So will you be moving into your parents house when they leave? That would be awesome :) Welp, I will see you soon, in about 6 weeks! and now that you dont work, we can play! Love ya

FitNotQuitJess said...

I'm such a baby, your post made me cry! I am so glad you get to enjoy your wonderful blessing (your son) and the blessing of being able to stay at home. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Laura Cates said...

So, I totally forgot that I was going to go to a class at the gym with you. Let me know if I still can! I liked your masking tape car track...too bad Logan didn't!

Kimmie said...

That's so neat that your trial worked out. I am glad you get to be home with your boy. I always say that my job impedes on my social and workout life. I am happy for you.