For those who don't know, Time Out for Women is a two day (Friday evening and Saturday morning/afternoon) event where we are able to sit and listen to wonderful and amazing speakers and musicians and learn how and be inspired to be a better person. A better mother, a better wife, a better friend, and a better disciple of Christ. We were also reminded how much we are loved by our Heavenly Father and how important we are. We were seriously sitting listening to these speakers and musicians for 6 or 7 hours, but the time went by so fast it didn't feel that long at all.
It would take forever to share all the wonderful things that were said and that I felt, but here are a few things that I took away from it (thank goodness for notes!)
-First of all, the theme was "Choose to Become" and the scripture was "All things are possible to him (or her) that believeth." We were encouraged to try to think of something we wanted to choose to become.
-We know not only what the Savior has saved us from, but what he has saved us for. Christ as a Savior saves us from our sins, and as a Redeemer can change us and make us BETTER.
-Dance in the rain and let your heart take the lead.
-Catch your children doing something right. Recognize good behavior, don't always correct the bad.
-When Eve says it is better to pass through sorrow that we may know good from evil, joy from pain, there is movement in that phrase. We will pass through the sorrow, it will end, and we will emerge stronger and happier. Every sunset is one day closer.
-Don't you dare be the one standing in your way.
And I could seriously go on and on. It was just such an amazing time and I am so glad I was able to go. I am so grateful we have so many tools around us that allow us to learn and to grow and feel the spirit, and hopefully I will grow from this. And of course, I am so thankful to be married to someone who is so willing to let me leave him, and I told him I'd come home a better woman, (I'd hoped he'd tell me that wasn't possible, but he didn't......) so I hope I can keep that promise. And I am so grateful that I have such an amazing family and sisters and mom that I can go to these things with. I would be more than happy to go with some friends, too.
Here is the Time Out for Women website, and blogs of two of the women who spoke who I just loved.
Time Out for Women
Laurel Christensen
Stephanie Nielson
If you have a chance to go next year, I highly recommend it!
No comments:
Post a Comment