I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Friday, February 3, 2012

A Great and Terrible Beauty

In December I read the BEST books. I seriously LOVED them. I had read the first two books years ago, but the third one wasn't out yet and I never get to it when it did. When I finally got my library card I grabbed those books and couldn't put them down (which was awesome since it was right before Christmas and I had lots of Christmas presents to make and baking to do.....)

They're a trilogy set in late 19th century in England about a girl named Gemma Doyle who discovers she has magic. But it's a completely different angle on magic and I loved it. There is such great character development; characters you love, hate, some you're not sure whether to love them OR hate them. It's great.  I highly recommend them to ANYONE.

A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY
by Libba Bray

2 comments:

Trista said...

Since I'll forget to ever get these from the library, do you own them at all? At least the first two? Might I borrow them?

My 4 Gooches said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm always looking for a good read!