Another Ragnar come, another Ragnar Relay gone. And yet again, it was a blast! This last weekend was the 2012 Wasatch Back Relay. A 197 mile run from Logan to Park City, run by 12 people, each person running 3 legs. Sounds like fun, right? Jeremy had signed up last year to run it and the plan was that I'd stay home with Logan this year. But....a spot opened up about a month ago and I snatched it! I couldn't pass up the chance to run it with my studly man! (Thank goodness I had been running with Cassie during her training!) This year we drove up to Logan Thursday night and slept in a house, which was so much better than getting up at 3:00 in the morning to drive. Our start time was 6:50 and I was the first runner again. It's a tad bit stressful to be the first runner, but it also means you're the first to finish. And boy does that feel GOOD!
These are Jeremy's legs.
6.5 miles
8.2 miles (no thank you!)
2.5 miles
And Cameo's legs! (All of which I finished at LEAST 3 minutes earlier than what I had guessed I could. Yahoo! (I SO want to run it again next year and be under a 9 minute mile, real goal would be 8.5.))
7.7 miles (74 minutes, 9.6 minute mile)
8.4 miles (78 minutes, 9.2 minute mile)
5 miles (47 minutes, 9.4 minute mile)
This run I totally sucked at last year and had to walk so much of it because I was tired, but I ran it all this year and I was so happy at the end that I had done it so much better.
Here are some pictures. I didn't post any last year, and I wonder if this post is my way of making up for it because there are a LOT!
The runners of Van 1. Minus Terry.

It's very disheartening to be passed by almost all of the runners who start with you. Oh well. Such are the woes of leg 1, the only leg where you start with other people
Trina did one leg at an 8.8 minute mile. You go girl!
Pace waiting for Jeremy at the first major exchange (van 1 to van 2.)
Half of Van 2.
Brian was our driver. Thanks so much!!!
I always sprint at the end of my runs. On my last leg I was so close to passing a really fast guy (who had just passed me) at the finish until Jeremy yelled out that I could beat him. Then he kicked it into high gear and left me in the dust. Dang it!
Gina doing cartwheels on her last leg. You get a little slap happy by the end of this thing.
Not planned, but we totally matched.
Boy do I have a HANDSOME man. I dare you to disagree.
All clean and showered! And matchy. Again!
Decorated vans. A must at Ragnar.
Some pictures of Van 2. We don't get to run with them and only see them for a few minutes at each major exchange, which is a little bit sad. But they rocked!
And the Lamebodies (minus Terry...again) 34 hours later.
I know it might sound a little crazy, and it kind of is, but it is seriously SO fun. LOVE it! And I love that my family does this kind of stuff.



























1 comment:
Way to go HO and Jeremy!! and the other Lombardi clan. I love that your family does this together too. You make me want to do another Ragnar, although at the end of the first one I did last summer, I thought that would be the last. I think training at 4,000 miles lower elevation than the race was a real damper on how awesome it felt to do it. I'm so happy for you to have done this and the medals and shirts are way awesome! Not too many pictures at all. Loved em.
Post a Comment