For several months I've been thinking about donating my hair to Locks of Love. But it was kind of just more of a thought and I didn't think it'd ever be more than that. But it was a thought that just never ever went away! So at the end of April I promised myself I'd give it one more month to grow (because you know that one month would make a huge difference!) and I'd cut it in June. I made the appointment at the end of May, kind of thinking I could always cancel or maybe just get a trim instead. :) But Brooke (hairstylist) and Jeremy were very encouraging and after so long of thinking about it, I just couldn't back out. Although I will say that every time I looked in the mirror on Wednesday (my appointment was at 6:00) I kept thinking "This is the last time my hair will be this long for YEARS!" I may have just been kind of freaking out all day!.....Because here's the thing about my hair, and I know it may sound silly, but I feel like it's a huge part of my identity. And I don't love a whole lot about my appearance, but I have always been able to say that I loved my hair. In my opinion, short hair is cute, but only long hair is beautiful. And it's nice to be able to think that something about yourself is beautiful (but who knows, maybe I'm the only one who thought that!) So something like this might not be hard for some people, but it was extremely difficult for me. But I did it, and that's saying something....right?
Seriously, look how long and PRETTY that is! (the hair, not me.) I really didn't think I could do it after looking at this picture.
Brooke, cutting off 12.5 inches of hair. EEK! To my absolute COMPLETE surprise, no tears fell.
This is what 12.5 inches of hair looks like.
The finished product.
It's growing on me. I do like it, but I can't say that I don't miss my long hair (I figured out today that the last time I had short hair was about 15 years ago. That's a long time.) And every time I put a shirt on I habitually slide my hand under my hair to pull it out from under my shirt, and then I realize I don't need to do that anymore! I wonder how long it will take me to get used to that?
P.S. One favor is all I ask....please don't tell me you like it better! I've heard that too much already!
Feel free to tell me you like it, but not that!


2 comments:
Looks good!
I do NOT like it better. Do you like that? :) Let me say though....your hair was BEAUTIFUL. And your hair is BEAUTIFUL! But everyone who knows you and thinks you are BEAUTIFUL (and who wouldn't???) knows that your hair is not the reason. Just saying.
Post a Comment