1. I really did mean to get this up on Tuesday, but I was reading one of those books that when you have ANY free time, you don’t want to waste it on the computer, watching TV, or working at work (ha ha, just kidding. Kind of...) because you want to know what in the heck is going to happen! Thus, you are getting this today because I finished the book last night. Read The Hunger Games, it is a great book. I am by no means a book critic, so that is all I will say.
2. I forgot to mention before that a few weeks ago I was able to go the baby shower of a friend that I used to work with but who selfishly left me and moved to California. It was so good to see you, Court! I do hate driving in Utah County, though. I wish the coordinates were consistent from city to city. SO annoying. (Yes, I did get lost.)
3. We both had Friday off last week for the 4th, so we went out that night to see The Proposal. I really did enjoy it, but I didn’t love it as much as other people did. But boy did the audience love it.
4. Friday morning Jeremy was able to go golfing with one of our home teachers and his friends. Jeremy apparently played really well; he even made a few bucks off of it (which I do not condone.) He really had a good time.
5. When he got home we packed up stuff for the weekend and headed to Sandy for two wonderful days at the Fireworks Tent….
6. Before we made it to the tent we tried out a hole in the wall that serves cheese steaks called The Philadelphian. Cheese steaks are one of my favorite sandwiches, and this place was very good. I do have to say, though, so far my favorite is from Hogi Yogi. Like you care, I know.
7. Obviously, we spend the rest of Friday and all of Saturday at the Fireworks tent. We were pretty lucky to have weather that wasn’t dreadfully hot.
8. Sunday was the blessing of Miles. Ben gave a beautiful blessing and afterwards we went to Ty and Maria’s for some brunch.
9. Sunday was also an amazing tennis match. I don’t play tennis at ALL, but I love to watch it. We had to leave for the blessing in the middle of the fifth set, which was unfortunate because it ended up going forever. Unfortunately Federer won (hate him), but Roddick put up an amazing fight.
10. To take a break from the tent Jeremy and I walked to Shopko to look for a bedspread. I have wanted a solid purple one for FOREVER, but I couldn’t find one anywhere and was getting very frustrated. Well, we actually found one at Shopko, but it was out of our price range which made me so sad because after all those months of looking I had finally found it! Well, Jeremy decided I could get it anyway, so when I went to buy it on Monday it was 40% off! Yea!!! I bought it and it is beautiful.
3 years ago
5 comments:
Need pictures of the bedspread
The fireworks tent...oh what fun! I didn't get up there to see you guys. I hope sales were good. And I'm so glad you found the comforter you wanted and it was on sale...what a great feeling!!!
We used to eat at the Philidelphian all the time. It was Matt's fave. I liked it ok, I just couldn't get over the hole-in-the-wall aspect.
Next time Jer decides to go golfing, make sure it's with wealthy friends...you could start saving for Hawaii!!
Hmm...I don't picture Jeremy as a "purple" type of guy...
I love your 10 on Tuesday posts. So much fun!
Oh, and the betting on a golf game- TOTALLY something Ben would do too...silly boys!
I never realized you were so... purple. That's great.
Thanks for coming to the shower! I loved seeing you and your card is going to be sent in the mail Monday or something. Just wait for it!
Post a Comment