I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

I kind of never got around to doing this last week, so this will consist of the last two weeks. It sure does make getting ten a WHOLE lot easier. (Well, it should have...)

1. Two Tuesdays ago we both went to watch Leona at her piano recital. It was very cute and she really didn’t look very nervous. I hope she keeps it up, I always wish I had.
2. The Thursday after that I went to Sabrina’s Dance Recital. I’ll tell you, it was pretty long. There were like 30 dances. But being able to see hers was so worth it. It was so cute! A lot of the other dancers who were in that age range were all facing the side of the stage to watch their teacher, but not Sabrina’s group. They all knew their dance and faced us the whole time. And she LOVED being up there! Especially when they all came out at the end; she was dancing and bowing and it was just so cute. Afterwards we went to Arctic Circle (my FAVORITE) and I got their Sundae for the first time. GREAT deal, and you can get as many toppings as you want.
3. Friday night we watched Forever Strong. It’s a true story based on a high school’s Rugby team and the way the coach approached coaching. It was really really good, and it just so happens the high school is in Salt Lake. Sweet!
4. That Saturday our friends Laura and Dave came down to Eagle Mountain. Dave and Jeremy went golfing while Laura and I went to Rod Works so she could decorate her new house. Then we went to Zupa’s (another of my favorites). It was a lot of fun to get some girl-only time. Unfortunately, the weather was pretty bad for the boys during their golfing; they were both pretty unhappy with their scores.
5. Sunday was Father’s Day. We had a full house at my parent’s house. We played a game of Whose Your Daddy? We had some random, sometimes unknown facts written on the back of some paper ties and had the kids guess which “Daddy” (or guy in Jeremy’s and Pace’s case) it belonged to. It was a lot of fun, a perfect game for the day. I've got some pictures on my camera but no cord to get them off. Sorry!
6. I had Activity Days both Wednesdays, one by myself because my companion’s little boy was sick. We are losing/have lost two of our regular girls. It will be sad to have them gone. They are a little crazy but very fun.
7. Friday night we met up with Amanda and Dave to head down to the Manti Pageant. I can remember going before but it was forever ago and I barely remembered it. It was fun, if a little uncomfortable. The Manti Temple is GORGEOUS. Jeremy has now finally seen where his parents got married! Below are some pictures.


8. We got home at around 2:00 in the a.m. I am a little hesitant to admit this, but….I woke up at 1:00 Saturday afternoon. What can I say? I was tired. I’ll do it while I can. It really is a waste of a day, though.
9. That evening (we always try to make the matinee time) we went to Transformers 2. I know it hasn’t gotten the best reviews, but I loved it. As Jeremy’s mom said, fun, mindless entertainment.
10. Well, the US Men’s Soccer (Futbol) team apparently surprised the whole world by making it to some Final game. Since we no longer have ESPN, Koy and Cassie were nice enough to let us barge in on their Sunday afternoon and watch them lose. But it was a good game, I even watched it. The game had already started by the time we left, and the only radio station Jeremy could find the game on was a Spanish Station ("Stupid America," that said by Jeremy), so I got to listen to some guy talking about a million words a minute and I couldn't understand a lick of it. It was entertaining, though. Koy and Cassie also let us stay for dinner. Thanks guys!

It was a good two weeks!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i keep hearing good reports of "forever strong." yet to see it. i'm also glad you liked "transformers 2" because, even though it didn't get great reviews, i think critics underestimate the appreciability of a simple entertaining flick that doesn't take itself too seriously. you know? we should hang out some time. ice cream, see a movie, something! haven't seen you in forever! sounds like you guys have been keeping busy with lots of events... hope it's been a delightsome summer so far!

Julie/Mom said...

The Manti Temple is beautiful INSIDE and out. Sometime you and Jeremy should try to do a session. It is truly, amazingly beautiful inside. Whenever we are in Utah on vacation we try to make a date and go to the Manti Temple.

Courtney said...

Is it bad that I haven't ever been to the Manti pageant? I'm not even sure what it is...

Amanda said...

Did you know that Nick is in Forever Strong? He's on the opposing rugby team or something. So I'm told. And that was a cute picture of Wes. :) He's crawling now...