I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Update

I know it’s a cliché, but I’m gonna say it anyway. You don’t know what you’ve got ‘till it’s gone. I try not to post about things like this because I don’t necessarily want people to know how vain I can be, but oh how I wish I could have my pre-pregnancy body back!!! The funny thing is; I hated it when I had it. But now I’d give anything to have it back. I hate that I still wear maternity jeans. I hate that 90% of the shirts in my closet are too tight and show way too much of my flab to look remotely good. It sucks. Logan was totally worth it, but it still sucks.

Anyway…time is going by too fast. Yesterday Logan was eight weeks, which means I officially go back to work in four weeks. And, unfortunately, we are starting to feel the pinch of me not getting paid for awhile, so I will start working a few hours a week starting next week. It seriously is so heartbreaking thinking of leaving him ALL day, EVERY day and missing him grow up and develop new skills. As much as I sometimes get tired of being home alone and feeling like I get nothing accomplished, that’s a hundred times better than leaving him. But, I know that I am lucky to have a job to go back to with people who I love to work with.

Okay, enough of the complaining. Off to the good stuff. First of all, Logan. As I said before, he is already eight weeks. And he is so big! I will find out how much he weighs and how long he is next Wednesday, but last time I checked on my parent’s scale, he was about 12 pounds. He completely fills out, and sometimes sticks out of (as in his long legs), his 0-3 month clothes now. He is smiling and it is so cute. He is usually happiest after he eats, so I love to spend some time talking and playing with him after I feed him. As for his feeding, he is now eating solely from the bottle. He just really didn’t want to eat from me once I started supplementing with the bottle. Here’s another cliché for you. Be careful what you wish for. When I was pregnant I would say that I hoped I would be like my sister and not produce milk so I didn’t have to nurse. But now that I can’t, I miss it. He went to church for the first time on Sunday, and he did very well. His fussiness has gone down dramatically since the last time I posted, which makes for a much easier and less overwhelming time for mom.

As for the rest of us. Jeremy and I both made it through another birthday last week. I turned 25 on the 7th and Jeremy turned 28 on the 12th. The weekend before my parents treated us to a play at the Desert Star Playhouse. It was called Twilight and it parodied the books and made a little bit of fun of Utah. It was very cute and funny and we enjoyed our time together. On my birthday we celebrated the Lombardi birthdays for March. On Jeremy’s birthday I took a cake to his work. I also got a steal on a great looking shirt at Old Navy for less than $3. We went out to dinner to Red Robin with Logan. He was an angel and slept the whole time. We got a $28 meal for around $8 thanks to their Birthday Club. We paid only for Jeremy’s drink and tip and got two free burgers and a dessert FREE!!! It was awesome. Other than that, Jeremy’s been working and going to school while I’ve been home taking care of baby and house, learning how to be a mom, and every now and then spending some time with family and friends. I have started exercising again. It feels GREAT, but it sucked yesterday when I struggled so much just to run a mile straight. It was frustrating but I am excited to get back to being able to run four or five with no problem.

The first smile I was able to get on camera. So cute!!!

Gotta get him into the sports early.
With his adoring cousin Sara.
Smiling in his sleep.
Look at that outfit. And I was worried about not finding cute boy clothes. Isn't he so cute?
Sorry, there was a spot on the lens. Same outfit, but on day three. He's gotten so big!

LOVE little man clothes. This is on my birthday.
With his one-week younger cousin.

Is he scared or confused?
The old man wearing his $2.74 birthday shirt. Youza.

4 comments:

erikface said...

Precious post. It's crazy how fast time can go by! 8 weeks already! He still looks so little! He really is so handsome. Cute pictures. He's a good mix of you guys. Yeah, i feel ya on going back to work. Let's not lie it sucks. It does get easier. I go through phases of missing him though. how could you not though? You'll do fine and so will he. Just remember God loves you and him and there are others just like you doing the same thing. :) And I feel ya on the body thing! For the life of me I can't figure out my body or what size I am because it's always changing. Babies! Babies! what would we do without them? we'd be skinny and rich! lol, but not as tender and happy. Take care! Kim :)

Nat-a-baby said...

I liked this post. It was good to get the update of how Logan, you, and Jeremy are all doing. happy late Birthday! I'm sorry i didn't call. I did call sometime about a week ago to chat, but you didn't answer. So, we'll say it wasn't all my fault. I'm sorry you are feeling big still. I know you will be able to get that body back. you're a hard worker. I always thought you looked amazing so don't ever say you hated the way you looked! Good luck with it all plus going back to work. I'm glad to hear you are happy.

Kerri said...

I love little jeans on babies. It is so fun to find cute boy clothes!

Julie/Mom said...

Oh I miss him so much. He is getting big!! Love the smile!:)
Only 3 more weeks and I get to give him lots of hugs and kisses!