I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Monday, March 29, 2010

2 Month Checkup...and then some

Last Wednesday we had Logan's two month check up. He is now 12 pounds 6 ounces (62%) and 23.5 inches long (65%). Not too shabby. I also talked to his doctor about him not sleeping very well at night. Remember about a month ago when I said he was sleeping AWESOME, even 7 straight hours at one point? Well, not so much anymore. I don't remember the last time I got more than three straight hours of sleep. And his naps aren't much different. The second I go to put him down, his (beautiful big blue) eyes pop open. Those few times when he doesn't automatically wake up, he wakes up about 15 minutes later 95% of the time. Needless to say, I am exhausted and even looking less forward to returning to work while having to get up twice, if not more, a night. His waking up so much probably wouldn't mean much except that he was so good at first. So, after talking a bit she wondered if he might have acid reflux, which could be waking him up. I have been putting ground-up rice cereal in his bottle and giving him a little bit of Mylanta. I don't think they're quite working, but now that I know what signs to look for, I am fairly certain he does have it, so she has prescribed some medication for him. My fingers are double-crossed that it will work! And he is finally getting the hang of sucking on the binky and keeping it in his mouth without us having to hold it in! And when he does lose it, he keeps sucking trying to find it. So cute.

In other news, I was able to spend a day with a friend of mine on Thursday. I was at her house for about 6 hours, doing nothing but talking and eating and holding my little boy as he slept (for three hours....BUT in my arms) and meeting her little guy. It was a wonderful day! Thanks so much Court!!!

Saturday Jeremy and I went out to dinner with Gina and Ben to Tucano's. I usually complain about the fact that our birthdays are so close (I'm selfish that way), but there are times when it pays off. Such as going out to eat (which we love to do, of course!) We got two BOGO coupons for Tucano's that needed to be used in March, so we invited Gina and Ben. For those who don't know, Tucano's is a Brazillian Meat Buffet. YUMMO! They have a huge salad bar and then have guys, and sometimes girls, who come around to your table with delicious meat; beef, chicken, pork, GRILLED PINEAPPLE. It was interesting being there with a 2 month old (ours) and 10 month old (theirs) but it worked out fine and was a very fun night.

(Oh, and that thing that I haven't missed one bit in the last year came back. DANG. And sorry if TMI.)

Yesterday my little niece Miri got blessed. It made me even more excited for two weeks from now when Logan gets blessed! I can't wait. Later last night I made Jeremy watch New Moon. He was happy with the little "twist" at the end in Italy with Bella. He was like "You never told me this happened." I'm sorry, I thought you hated it when I talked about Twilight. Oh, and I also have to say this. When it comes to "Team Edward" or "Team Jacob", it should be about the books, not the movie. We all know Robert Pattinson is not all that attractive and not that great of an actor, either. Just remember the Edward in the books...... *sigh*

And I can now run about 2 miles without a problem! Slowly but surely I am getting back into it! And Jeremy is getting anxious to go golfing. So weather permitting, he'd love someone to go with this weekend!

And lastly, I want to thank Grandma Bell for everything she has sent Logan! I loved his Valentine's and Easter cards and can't wait to put him in his new Easter outfit! I want to put him in it now, but feel like I should wait. Thank you so much! (Oh, and our birthday presents were GREAT, too. Very helpful. And my sisters want my bracelets!)

First St. Patty's Day. I forgot to take pictures until right before we changed him, so they aren't the best.

He loves to stick that tongue in and out. So cute!What a happy boy! Most of the time.

(It's almost impossible to get a picture that's not blurry because he's a wiggle worm. If I use another setting the pictures turn out so grainy. Sad.)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm telling you, holding him while he naps is a great opportunity to read! And never mind that it might create bad sleeping habits. Logan doesn't have sleeping habits so it won't interfere! I'm a genius!

It was awesome having you over. Any time, any time...

Terri Griffith said...

keep the pictures coming, love them. also I have to agree with you on the Team Edward thing,because really how can you resist edward after reading the books, but Taylor is much better looking then rob in the movies.