

I have been meaning to write this ever since I came back to work; I just somehow haven’t gotten around to it. As I said in my last post, the three days before going to work were SO hard. I was usually fine during the day, but then as it got later in the evening it was just a reminder that another day was gone and that meant one more day closer to going to work. Now, I don’t hate my job, but there will never be a time that I would choose going to work for 9 hours a day and leaving my little buddy over staying home with him and watching him grow into a little boy. But, it has to be done, and I just try to count my blessings. I have a good job with good people and my wonderful mother is willing to sacrifice her days to watch Logan so I don’t have to worry about leaving him with strangers. There is comfort in the fact that he is with somebody who loves him as much as someone who isn’t me or Jeremy could. So thank you so much Mom!
It’s much harder to leave than it is to be at work. If that makes sense. But most days I get to wrap him up and put him to sleep before I leave, and it helps. It sometimes makes me a bit late to work, but there is just something about holding a sleeping, peaceful baby. It’s a great way to start a day. And for the most part, I have now gotten used to leaving him. Most days I put him down and can leave without a problem. But every now and then, for some unknown reason, it’s like that first day all over again and I can’t hold back the tears. I’ve just always wanted to be a full-time mom and I love him so much. I do have faith though, that sometime in the not too far future, that wish will come true.


This is my fourth week back at work. I really can’t believe it has been so long. And the sad thing is that from day one, it felt like I never left! You want to know the best part about my first day back? I went back a day early! Okay, so it was really like the worst part. But when I went and said hi to my boss when she got in she asked me “What are you doing here?” Yeah. She wasn’t expecting me until the next day. But I stayed because I was already there and had already prepared myself emotionally for going in that day. I wasn’t going to do that to myself again. I’m just counting down the days to Memorial Day when I get a three full days with him.

Just to share a little bit about how he is doing now. His fussiness kind of disappeared for the most part a week or two after his blessing. I don’t know what it is, but they say that the three month mark is a magic time, and it really is. He is now talking and smiling like crazy. And a few times in the last couple of days I swear he has laughed. LOVE it. He has also learned to grab and is very good at it. He’s got a little play yard that he lays under at Grandma’s house and he gets so focused on playing with it. A little too much, in my opinion. It’s more important than me most of the time. It’s amazing how much he has grown in just the last month. A few weeks ago he had HORRIBLE skin. His arms and legs were bad, but his cheeks were the worst. It was like horrible, scabby eczema. But thanks to my amazing brother it cleared up in only two days thanks to some miracle cream. Now his skin is baby-soft like it should be. I wish I had taken a picture of it so you could see how bad it was and feel as bad for him as I did. He is also starting to sleep better, with better naps and longer periods of sleep at night (except for last night, of course.) Thank goodness for that! He is just our little angel and we both can’t believe we have been so blessed with such a cute and wonderful little baby. We hope he can feel so lucky to have us as his parents!
First Easter!
...and his Easter outfit that Grandma Bell sent him. I love man clothes!

I had a great first Mother’s Day. The day before, Misti put together a wonderful evening for all of us moms. She had pedicures scheduled for us and then had the kids help make a delicious dinner and craft while we were gone. I believe she said Logan helped the most. ;) Then I woke up to flowers and dark chocolate, and Jeremy made pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. To me that’s really the only way to have pancakes. He also wrote a card from both him and Logan. So cute. And to top it all off, my bishop let us out after Sacrament Meeting. Ha ha. Can’t complain about that!

I don’t really have much to write that’s not about Logan. Especially now that I am at work, we don’t have much time to do anything. So I apologize that he is all I talk about. Jeremy is deserting us this weekend though. It’s the boys’ weekend getaway to Moab. Jeremy has been preparing for two days of mountain biking (mainly to get his butt ready) by going to the gym in the morning and riding the bike and doing leg exercises. He’s excited and I am excited for him to go and have fun. Here’s hoping for no accidents on the trails!!! Something else that he has had enjoyed lately is playing basketball every Friday morning with guys from work. Unfortunately, he’s only golfed once this year. The weather hasn’t been great and we’ve had plans on the good days. But hopefully he’ll be able to start that up soon. As for me, I’ll just stay home with Logan while he’s out doing all that fun stuff. I don’t mind it all. :D
5 comments:
He is soooo darn cute Cameo! It is so hard going back to work, I cried so many times after dropping Deak off those first few weeks. Good luck!
I have been waiting for an update! Its about stinkin time you put up more pics of your cute baby! They grow too fast, dont they? Jenna is almost one. Crazy. Glad you are doing well. Love ya!
it's good to hear from you. He really is changing and is so handsome! Ah it hurts so bad to leave them at home, but isn't great that Heavenly Father provides a way to make it the best possible solution? ya know, like he staying with your mom. We have been lucky and so far no day care, but he get's to stay with Erik and I come home from work when my husband has school. Such a blessing. I can't believe you went in a day early! ah, heart breaking! well, he's a sweet, sweet boy. take care my dear. kim evans
Mia is one next week and I have been leaving her for 10 months. It is still hard some days but it gets better as it turns into routine. I feel your pain though. He is so adorable by the way. Makes me feel better that I am not the only mom that works :)
oh Cameo I honestly feel for you. I cries EVERYDAY when I went back to work until I quit!! It makes me feel better to know that I wasn't the only one hahaha I did the exact same thing too...holding him and putting him to sleep and being late to work cause I didn't want to leave :( Hope it continues to get better for ya. He's such a stinkin cutie!!
Post a Comment