Ten on Tuesday
1. I had my last Activity Days activity last Wednesday. It was a little sad, and I don’t think the girls enjoyed my activity much, but that’s okay. On to new things!
2. We also unexpectedly had Logan’s 6 month appointment last Wednesday, too. He is bright and healthy and so stinking cute. His stats to come later.
3. Thursday I left work an hour early to head up to Bear Lake for the second “Annual” Allen Family Reunion in the last 6 years with Jeremy, Trina, and my BIL Ben. The whole Lombardi clan, minus four, all stayed in a cabin together. It was good-sized, nice, and had a GORGEOUS view of the lake from the back balcony.
4. Friday afternoon was the big reunion activity at a park. Food, games, talking, and just plain old fun. It was fun to be able to talk to cousins/aunts and uncles that we don’t see hardly ever.
5. Friday night we played Sedarach, Charades backwards. Literally. Instead of one person acting out and the team guessing, it was the whole team acting out and one person guessing. VERY fun. My highlights of the game: Mt. Rushmore, skunk, roadkill and Speedo.
6. Saturday we went to Bear Lake. The beginning of the day was very cloudy and a bit cold (and Bear Lake is already a COLD lake), but we stuck it out and luckily it got sunny and warm. My cousin rented a wave runner and about everybody who wanted to was able to take a turn on it. I was very impressed with my nieces and nephews who were so brave (braver than I was, I’m sure)!
7. Logan fell asleep in my arms for a few hours, unwrapped, that morning. This never happens. He is a burrito baby. It was very sweet. I am very content just holding him in my arms. I will say though, that going on a trip with a child is VERY different.
8. You can’t go to Bear Lake without getting shakes; and if you have, you aren’t doing it right. Some people got shakes all three nights, but I was healthy and only got one twice. Raspberry Oreo is where it's at (of course, I never got that one, but Jeremy did.)
9. Monday night we had “roommate dinner.” (Some people assume roommate dinner doesn’t include husbands, but it does. We’re nice like that.) My friend Alixa is in town from Virginia and she made sure we all got together. It was so fun and we were all able to see each other’s babies!
10. I have no voice today. It is really annoying, especially when you are at work and need to make phone calls, have questions for co-workers, or your co-workers think it’s funny to whisper around you or say “What?” when you try to talk. Ha ha, very funny. This seems to happen to me at LEAST one a year...annoying.
I AM EXPECTING ACCESS TO THE INTERNET SOON, SO PICTURES WILL BE INCLUDED SHORTLY. I DO APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAY.
(How'd I do making it shorter? The longest one is only what, four sentences? Not bad.)
3 years ago
1 comment:
I like your long ones, I love reading all the details.
Post a Comment