I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Logan at 6 Months

Don't you just love those eyes?
6 months? 6 months? 6 months???? Tuesday was Logan’s 6 month birthday. How in the world is that possible? I know it’s a clichĂ©, but time is just moving way too quickly.


As I said in my last post, we unexpectedly had Logan’s 6 month appointment last Wednesday. It was scheduled for the 26th, but the people who do the scheduling at that office had his doctor’s vacation on the wrong week, so she would have actually been out of town that day. I got called at 11:00 Wednesday and went in an hour later. Unfortunately, I don’t have Logan’s numbers in front of me and I don’t remember them, but he didn’t grow a whole lot in the past few months. I think he’s about 27.2 inches and 17 pounds? He fell to around 41% weight and 76% height. I have no idea about the head circumference, except that his head is big. Just like his daddy’s. His doctor did say that he has a perfectly shaped head, which is surprising since he was suctioned out. But his development is going well. He is till talking a lot with some consonant sounds, his “pod sit” is good, and he is bright and healthy. When she was checking him he kept trying to grab her stethoscope and I had to hold his arms. But he kept fighting for it…he’s a stubborn one.

He needs his sleep, and if he doesn’t get it, you can tell. We are working on getting him to sit, but most of the time he just wants to play with his feet so he leans over to get to them, and that doesn’t quite work with sitting. He loves to play with toys, moving them from hand to hand and of course putting them in his mouth. And the biggest thing………….HE HAS TEETH!!! What? (hard to get a picture; they just broke through)

That Wednesday you could see that they were coming through, but not quite there yet. Then the next thing I know, they are both there. It’s his two bottom teeth. Cute little things, but it’s not quite as fun for me to let him suck on my fingers or hand anymore. I’ll admit, I had a hard time with it on Wednesday. Wednesday was a hectic day already at work, then the unexpected appointment. And while I am at Activity Days Jeremy calls me because he’s rolled over again (first time since that video), and I missed it again. (After that he decided rolling over was easy and he could do it all the time, so I have seen it.) Then later that night he fought it when I tried to rock him to sleep and so I just put him down and fell asleep on his own. Those three things (teeth, rolling over, sleeping w/o me) were a bit too much for me. I felt like I was losing my little baby, and I started to cry. I know, I’m a cry baby, but he’s just too big!

Here are a few lots of my favorite things about Logan:
*He gets a big huge smile when he sees me or Jeremy (or the grandparents.) And he’s got a dang cute smile.
*His eyes. Do I even need to expand on that?
*He talks all the time, and sometimes so loud that I can’t hear Jeremy or the TV over it.
*He doesn’t do this as much anymore, but sometimes when I would lean over him he’d get so excited that he’d grab my face with both hands, pull it to him, and try to eat it.
*His cheeks.
*He sleeps through the night.
*When he is really hungry and sees his bottle, he gets so mad and bawls if you don’t give it to him right away.
*He loves being outside. He is mesmerized by everything around him. He is usually even too distracted to eat.
*When I am feeding him, he puts his hand up on my face and rests it there.
*He thinks it’s hilarious when Jeremy sings.
*Sometimes he wants so badly for me or Jeremy to look at him when he is wrapped up in our arms that when we look away, he arches his back and puts his head back as far as possible to try to get us to look at him, then smiles and relaxes when we do.
*He makes this constant little cooing sound when he is falling asleep. It’s hard to explain but is so cute.

And in case you can’t tell, I could keep going. Don’t get me wrong, being parents isn’t all fun and games. He’s not always happy and sometimes I don’t know what he wants or how to help him, but he is so fun and we love him so much.

3 comments:

Alixa said...

He is so cute! I know I keep saying that, but he really is. It was so fun to see you. Hopefully I can come back soon. Love ya!

Courtney said...

That is pretty crazy that he's 6 months. Time flies. Except that Rip is nearly a year so that makes him superior to Logan. Tough luck.

Unknown said...

hey Cameo!! oh my goodness, look at that wide-eyed beautiful boy. Wow. what a cutie. and congrats on him sleeping through the night! major victory. i'm glad it sounds like you guys are well! many happy summer returns... :)