I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Week in Review

It may seem a little sad that I find the past week noteworthy, but when anything happens out of the ordinary (meaning my days don't consist of coming home from work, playing with Logan a bit, putting him down, then doing whatever around the house waiting for Jeremy to come home), it's exciting for me.
First off, last Tuesday we FINALLY had Logan's nine month appointment. It had been forever since he's been to the doctor because his six month appointment was early and his nine month was obviously late, so I was anxious to find out his stats. They are as follows:

Weight: 20 lbs 5 oz, 38%
Length: 29.13 inches, 69%
Head Cir: 18.5 inches, 87%

Not too bad. I did find the weight surprising. Simply because when people see Logan, I usually hear two things. 1- He's a CUTE baby, and 2- He's fat/chunky/big. Well, he's not, it's just those big cheeks and big head! My insurance changed when I went part time, so we went to a new doctor and I loved her. She also told me that I can now give Logan eggs and peanut butter, that new research now shows it won't hurt, and might even be beneficial. I swear baby dos and don'ts change all the time. 

Logan is totally healthy. He now has six teeth, is crawling non-stop and getting into everything, and pulls himself up onto his knees (really fun at bedtime). He is also now putting his weight on his legs. He no longer refuses to stand. Don’t know if that’s good or bad. He’ll probably be walking soon. :( 
For some reason, this is my new favorite picture of Logan. I just love that oversized beanie on him.October 2010 073

And here he is looking mighty handsome in his shirt and tie at the temple. So cute.October 2010 077

On Thursday night, my friend Lori came over and we made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. My recipe makes an enormous amount of cookies, so it was nice to have someone take some home. But even better was the company, since I am alone every night. And might I say, they were some YUMMY cookies. And I've still got more than enough.

Friday night we invited Dave and Laura over for games and dinner (sorry you and Dave couldn't come Mandy!). I made some pretty darn good chicken enchiladas, then we played Sliders (a new form of Sorry!) and Cloodle, a way fun drawing game. We had a great time, and it was fun to actually spend some time with friends.

Saturday night Pace came over and watched Logan while we went on a date. We drove down to Provo and ate at one of Jeremy's friend's new pizza place, then went to see a coworker of mine at a stand-up comedy show. The food was good, that comedy was mostly funny (it was a BYU thing), and the company was outstanding. It's always nice to spend some alone time with Jeremy, even if we do miss Logan. As for my coworker, he really is hilarious. Did anybody see this? That's him, and his "Library Intruder" video on YouTube is hilarious.
Pace and Logan at Trina’s reception.October 2010 078

And then there was Sunday......... We've been in our new ward for probably about three months, and although I liked NOT having a calling, I was starting to think it was about time to get one. But there was one calling I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT WANT. I even told a member of the bishopric when he came to visit us that I did not want it. I had it in our first ward, and it made me DREAD going to church. Then we got it in our Eagle Mountain ward, and I came home and sobbed afterward because of our horrible experience in American Fork. Then, even after I got released in Eagle Mountain, my next calling as Activity Days leader was still a part of the other calling. I DID NOT WANT IT. Well, after Sacrament Meeting the ward clerk asked us to meet with the bishop after the block. I thought I knew what was coming....and I did. We got called as primary teachers. Well, we walked out of the church and I started sobbing again. It's not that being a primary teacher is horrible, (okay, it was in American Fork; a few of those kids were MEAN), but I've had this same calling for 4 years. I just want something different. I want to feel like I am capable, and that the Lord thinks I am capable, of doing something other than that. I will try to have a better attitude, because I know the kids deserve better than a teacher who has been feeling that way I have been feeling the past few days.

2 comments:

Julie/Mom said...

You know it really is OK to say No to callings. With that said here are some ideas that might help. Check out sugardoodle.net I have found great stuff that I use to enhance my lessons. I also use these books called Sunday Savers, they have activities that go along with the lessons. There is a book for each manual (at least for junior primary)I find it best to have many different activities for the kids, coloring, cutting, glueing, games etc. It always makes the lessons go much better. I found the books at the bookstore. Seagull bookstores probably have them cheaper. Good luck, you will be blessed in your calling.

Nat-a-baby said...

Oh Sorry Ho. I was trying to guess what the horrible calling was as I was reading along and I didn't guess primary worker. You must have really had some terrible kids in that class for you to dread going to church! I have never had that calling before. I'm sure my day will come to and then I'll be able to sympathize better. Your boy is getting so cute. His eyes are to die for. I'm excited too for Jeremy to be able to spend time with Logan. Your story of them spending time together was so sweet. Happy Holidays!