I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter

We had such a fun Easter! Starting with a major freakout from Logan when we tried to put him down for his morning nap. He never went down, but was still in a surprisingly good mood throughout church. I stayed up until midnight the night before making a set of "Resurrection Eggs" for each of our primary kids. I made eight and only four kids came to church, and I couldn't help but think that those eggs would just make it home and then get thrown away with the rest of the Easter Eggs. Let's hope not.

Anyway, after his afternoon nap and I finished the Deviled Eggs and working on the unsuccessful Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie, we headed to my parents' house. After a yummy dinner of a baked potato bar, complete with spiral ham, we had our Easter Egg hunt. My parents had enough for each grand child (all 17 of them) to have15 eggs (including the youngest of 10 months), and wisely had it split; the older kids in the backyard with the hidden eggs (I believe), and the younger kids where the eggs were on the ground, easily found by those youngens. Logan had a blast. As did all of the kids. My parents also had an egg with a star and heart on it for each child. The star had a coupon for a free Arctic Circle shake (the BEST!), and the heart was empty, which led to the beautiful little Easter message by my Dad. We then had our traditional bunny cake as well as Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie.

Don't you just LOVE Logan's little suit? 

 Gotta get that darn binky out of his mouth.
 Of course, he had to open every egg once he got it. And I promise, his hair looked so much better than that before his nap.

The beautiful group of grandkids, plus some older kids holding those who can't stand on their own (some consolation for me is that Logan's younger cousins aren't standing or walking, either. Though I am sure they'll beat him.)

Don't know what Maria is holding, but he sure wants it.

 It was a wonderful Easter. I love that Easter is always on a Sunday, so we always have a chance to be reminded of why we celebrate it. I am so grateful for our Savior and for the sacrifices that he made for us. I am grateful that we have a way to be forgiven of our sins and to try and try again to live our lives right. What a beautiful and amazing thing to know.

2 comments:

Laura Cates said...

Logan's outfit is adorable! I'm excited to babysit him next week! :)

Julie/Mom said...

What a handsome little man!
His hair is getting crazy but I am loving it!!