I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Food

My life pretty much revolves around food. If I am not eating it, I thinking about it and how long until I will be eating it. I LOVE it. And most of the time, I enjoy preparing it  {especially baking; not only do I get to enjoy the finished product, but I also get to lick the spoon and bowl and grab bits of chocolate chips and whatever else I am using!}

A couple of Saturday nights ago, I believe while Jeremy was at a Real Salt Lake game, I watched Julie & Julia  {I waited until he was gone on purpose ;-)}.  I loved the movie. And it kind of inspired me. Now, I don't have any desire to cook French food, most of that stuff didn't look appetizing, and no way am I cooking a new recipe(s) every day. But, I do want to try one new recipe a WEEK. I think it will be a lot of fun, especially since I am in a cooking rut and I make the same stuff all the time. Hopefully I will branch out a bit too, and cook with new ingredients  {especially veggies} that I've never really touched before. I am getting all excited just thinking about it  {yes, that is what food does to me.}  If  {and hopefully it is} the new recipe is YUM-O, I will try very hard to remember to share it.
I have found LOTS of recipes off of The Picky Palate that look good to me. I've used several of her desserts/cookies/brownies recipes and they've been delicious. I am sure I'll be trying lots of those too {but they don't count towards the new one a week, just an extra treat for yours truly. I have far too many baking recipes I am in love with....no need to add more of those to my weekly diet!} I think I might start with this one.
LET THE COOKING {AND EATING!} BEGIN!!!


If you have any great websites or recipes for me to try, PLEASE share!!!

6 comments:

Terri Griffith said...

I Love this idea. I am in a complete cooking rut. please share and of the really great recipes. I need to find some new dinner ideas that Dave will eat.

cameo said...

I don't know how many recipes I'll make that Dave will eat. I make a whole lot of pasta and chicken stuff, and I know he loves red meat and all that stuff. But I will still share!

Julie/Mom said...

Try allrecipes.com

Heather and Trevor said...

I have started doing the same thing the past 5 or 6 months...I mostly try desserts, but I have done a few dinners and appetizers. My favorite food blog:
www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com

It will get you so excited!

Cassie L. said...

Go Cameo! I will help you if you need ideas. And that picky palate dish was FAB!

Kurt & Jen said...

One of my favorites is ourbestbites.com. They have tons of yummy recipes that are family friendly. They also just came out with a cookbook. One of my faves is their cinnamon bun popcorn. It's AMAZING!!