Last week I never got around to trying a new food recipe, though I did try a new brownie recipe that I didn't much love. Oh well.
BUT, the recipe that I tried two weeks ago was deLICIOUS!!! And very simple, which is always appreciated. This one again came from The Picky Palate {love it}. It was Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes. Mmm mmm. Jeremy really liked it, gave it 3 out of 4 stars, maybe 3 1/2 if the pork chops weren't as dry {cooked them too long apparently.} So here it is. Enjoy!
Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
10 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
10 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
------------------------------------------------------------
4 lbs peeled, cubed potatoes
5 Tablespoons real butter
1 Cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
6 cloves roasted garlic (click for directions how to roast garlic)
1- 1 1/2 Cups warm skim milk (any milk will do, I just happened to use skim)
1 Tablespoon salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste
5 Tablespoons real butter
1 Cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
6 cloves roasted garlic (click for directions how to roast garlic)
1- 1 1/2 Cups warm skim milk (any milk will do, I just happened to use skim)
1 Tablespoon salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste
1. Place pork chops, Ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours.
2. Place potatoes into a large pot of cold water. Place onto stovetop over high heat and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and transfer to the work bowl of a stand or electric mixer. Mix on low until potatoes are mashed then add butter, parmesan, garlic, milk, salt and pepper. Season to taste if needed. For thinner mashed potatoes add more milk, slowly until your desired consitency.
3. Scoop mashed potatoes onto serving plates and top with pork chops and soup gravy from crock pot. ***I don't know if my crockpot just cooks too hot or something, but it seems that I usually need to cook my food about 2 hours less than any recipe calls for, even on low, and I didn't adjust the time, thus the somewhat dry pork chops. But they were delicious.
2 comments:
I'll definitely have to try this one. I've only had one recipe of pork chops that I liked. Thanks to my grandma, I have always had iffy feelings towards pork chops! She always made them and not in a delicious way! LOL!
And, I wanted to say that I did like City of Bones. I'm totally into fantasy. Love Harry Potter, Twilight, Fablehaven, etc... even though Kurtis makes fun of me for it! It was just harder for me to get through because I think I was already feeling kind of blah and it was so intense! But I do have the next book and started it today!
What exactly is the measurement of one ounce of Ranch dressing? I bought the economy size at Sam's Club and don't know how to measure it out. Do you know?
Post a Comment