It was a Chicken Cordon Bleu casserole, again from Picky Palate (I'll try a recipe from somewhere else this week, just to mix it up.) It was another yummy one, although I do think we had too much cheese on the top (I LOVE cheese and still thought this, so it must be true.) The husband took seconds, which is always a confirmation of a good recipe. I've decided I really hate rating these recipes, mostly because I'll rate something then realize I didn't like it as much as something else I gave the same rating (like this one, not as good as the slow roasted pork chops...) But, I've started so I guess I better keep doing it. 3 out of 4 stars.
***Just so you know, it does take a little bit of time, only because there are some individual things (rice and chicken) that need to be cooked prior to cooking the actual meal.
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
½ lb diced ham
2 Cups cooked shredded chicken breast
4 Tablespoons butter
¼ Cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
14 oz can chicken broth
3 Cups cooked rice of choice (I used brown)
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Cup shredded mozzarella or swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil into a large 5 qt rimmed skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, ham and chicken. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Melt butter then stir in flour, salt and pepper until combined. Slowly stir in chicken broth until well combined. Stir in cooked rice then transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cover the dish with foil the last 10 minutes for oozing cheese.
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
½ lb diced ham
2 Cups cooked shredded chicken breast
4 Tablespoons butter
¼ Cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
14 oz can chicken broth
3 Cups cooked rice of choice (I used brown)
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Cup shredded mozzarella or swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil into a large 5 qt rimmed skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, ham and chicken. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Melt butter then stir in flour, salt and pepper until combined. Slowly stir in chicken broth until well combined. Stir in cooked rice then transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cover the dish with foil the last 10 minutes for oozing cheese.
6-8 servings
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment