I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rocks are a Boy's Best Friend

....apparently. I was babysitting at Trista's house yesterday when some firemen came and opened up the fire hydrant in the circle. Boy was that a LOT of water. The other kids were splashing in the puddles (aren't I a nice sitter?) and Logan wanted to play outside, too. While he can now stand for some time and take a few steps (yea!!!) he still can't really play outside without being held. So he squatted down by the rocks and had the funnest time grabbing a rock, examining it very closely, talking very excitedly about it while holding it out for me to see, then picking up another one and doing it all over again. It was seriously so fun to watch him have so much fun, and he was quite unhappy when I pulled him away to go home and see daddy. But once he was given some rocks to hold on the way home, he was fine.

Who knew rocks could keep a one year old's attention for so long?

 I love the way he was sitting. He was like this the whole time.





 "Mommy, can I get my hair cut please?"





4 comments:

Cassie L. said...

Too bad you didn't come over here earlier this week. There was a huge pile of rocks in the circle that our neighbors had delivered and were putting in their yard. My kids had a few days of climbing, throwing, inspecting, etc. The neighbors even brought their little chairs out and set them on top of the rock mountain. They loved every second of it!

Terri Griffith said...

I love how he smiles, scrunches his nose. Way too adorable!

Julie/Mom said...

adorable! He really is getting big and looking more like a little boy then a baby! I need a hug!

Courtney said...

Oh yeah. Boys loooove rocks. At least mine do. Well, Rip does. Chet doesn't seem to really like much of anything.

So fun seeing you Sunday. Please come over.