….and reaping the benefits! I gave blood for the first time on Monday. I don’t have a problem with needles or anything, I’ve just never gotten around to giving it. Well, this past weekend ARUP was giving donors a coupon for fireworks, and since we run a fireworks stand, that seemed pretty perfect. So after my parents and Trina took a turn, I went. I signed in and got my fireworks coupon AND a free movie ticket. After giving my blood {in 6 minutes and 42 seconds, thank you very much…beat my mom but 5 seconds!} I went to sit in the “recovery room” eating my granola bars and drinking my juice and water and got a coupon for a free pint of ice cream from Baskin Robbins {a pint for a pint….clever.} Well, a talk-radio DJ was there on location, and a man came in after me and told him that the reason he was there was because he heard him on the radio. Well, the DJ liked that and asked him if he’d like two tickets to Lagoon. I said “Dang, I listened to the wrong radio station today.” They laughed and the DJ offered me a pen {geez, thanks!} and I jokingly said that I’d rather have the Lagoon tickets. Well, I finished my food and walked out at the same time as the man who got the Lagoon tickets. Once we got out he turned to me and told me to take the Lagoon tickets, that he wouldn’t have a chance to use them. I told him I was just kidding, but he insisted. Sweet!

So…..fireworks coupon, movie ticket, Baskin Robbins ice cream, and two Lagoon tickets. Not too bad of a haul for a pint of blood, eh?
2 comments:
Good thing you didn't go to the Stake Lagoon day. Free is so much better than cheaper.
Your welcome! :) I think I want the ice cream!!! Hehe
Post a Comment