I’m a little late posting this, but last Tuesday, the 9th, was our 5 year wedding anniversary. It’s so weird; on one hand, the past 5 years have gone by SO FAST and I can’t believe it’s been that long. But on the other, I feel like I’ve known him for so long and kind of a little bit can’t remember my life without him.
We take turns every year planning our anniversary celebration, and the “odd years” are Jeremy’s. I knew that we had a babysitter for Monday night for Logan, but that was all I knew. He surprised me by coming to my work early Monday and taking me to a DELICIOUS dinner at Biaggi’s at the Gateway. I’d been there before and liked it, but the dish that I got this time was DIVINE. Afterwards we pulled into a little Bed & Breakfast called the Armstrong Mansion. It was such a charming old house with some great history, and he had had them decorate the room with rose petals (which ended up being fake……really?), candles, and some wine glasses filled with Hershey kisses and some sparkling cider. Very romantic and thoughtful. We also got some ice cream (what’s a night out without ice cream, I ask?) and watched a movie…..
Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the outside of the home or the other areas of the house, so I stole some from the internet. If you Google it you can see some of the other rooms.
The beautiful staircase. Apparently Francis Armstrong did most of the woodwork himself. It was beautiful.
The parlor.
After SLEEPING IN!!!! and a yummy (some of it) breakfast, we checked out then headed for a movie. I thought Crazy, Stupid Love would be a nice little romantic comedy for our anniversary, but of course the projector ended up being broken. Which actually ended up quite well for us, because we ended up going to Transformers AND they gave us 2 free movie tickets towards any movie in any theater. You better believe we are saving those babies for some 3D Imax experience!
I may or may not have forgotten to take a picture of us, so this picture may or may not be from tonight……
It was a great anniversary, and I really and honestly was most excited to spend some quality time with Jeremy. We don’t get much time together with just us and it was nice to be able to do so. I married such a great man who treats me so well and will do anything for me. Thanks for the wonderful last five years babe, and I’m excited for the rest of my Eternity with you!
2 comments:
Such a beautiful room and house! I love Bed and Breakfast inns.
Looks like a great place to celebrate your anniversary!!!
I didn't realize Jeremy was such a romantic! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment