I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lagoon

Last Friday we took Logan to Lagoon. It was…..an interesting experience. It started out shaky, turned into horrible, then ended great. When Logan saw the rides he was SO excited and kept pointing at them and grunting. Well, once he got on he wasn’t so excited. But then the second he got off and saw another one he thought he wanted to get back on. Silly guy.
Anxious to jump on the rides.
 100_2192
Mom- why is this thing moving?
100_2195
Not. Liking. This! {He never did cry on this one.}
100_2198

We thought maybe he’d enjoy it a little more if he rode with one of us instead of by himself.
100_2201
Boy, were we wrong. He cried the whole time.
100_2203

So then we thought that maybe a very slow ride in a “truck” {anything with wheels} which he LOVES would do the trick. Again, WRONG. I’m pretty sure the Lagoon worker and the rest of the moms thought I was the worst mom ever for making him stay on even though he was screaming the second he let go of my hand.
100_2204
I love my handsome boys!
100_2206
So excited to get on the carousel! We were certain this one would start the day over in a good way.
100_2208100_2210
Again, wrong. But I got a great hug the whole ride! Jeremy said that I had traumatized him by making him stay on that car.
100_2211100_2213

Sabrina, Blake, Logan and I on the train. At first, Logan hated this too. But once we got going he loved it.
100_2215100_2216

We decided that since Logan loves the pool so much we’d see if we’d have more luck with Lagoon-A-Beach than we had with the rides. BEST decision ever. He LOVED it. But with all the water and stuff, no pictures.

Logan loved looking at our matching stamps.
100_2220100_2222100_2224

Playing on the grass while eating dinner. You would have thought the kid was in heaven being chased around by Blake.
100_2225100_2226100_2228

Blake was literally playing Fetch like a dog. He’s got a weird talent running on all fours. Trista, you really need to get some video of that.
100_2229

Jeremy was a sweetheart and let me stay after he left so that I could ride some rides. And Sabrina was a great buddy. It was fun! Hopefully next year Logan will have a better time!

3 comments:

Trista said...

He was in heaven! So was Blake. And you're right; I do need to get that on video. And can you send me the pics you've got of my kiddos? Thanks!

Courtney said...

Yeah, I once went completely out of my way to go to a dumb carousel so Rippy could have what I consider a classic childhood. Well, he hated it and I was livid. I made him ride it again, hoping to force the wussy out of him. No such luck. I know your pain.

On the other hand, we recently went back on a carousel and he loved the 'neighs.' So just wait till he's 2, and Logan will love Lagoon.

Terri Griffith said...

So glad Jeremy was able to find a new job hope this one is better for him.
Nathan still gets scared when the things he rides start to move. He Loves the carousel, always wants to ride the horses, but as soon as it starts moving he gets really serious and makes sure he is holding on tight.
Sure hope we still get to see you guys in sept.We will sure miss you if you can't make it but the new job is important.