I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 GOALS

2012....weird. Our New Year's Eve night consisted of the three of us sitting at home, Logan in bed by 7:00 (as usual) and Jeremy and I watching a movie. Lame and pathetic? Maybe. But oh well. Remember, the title to this blog is "A Window Into Our Boring Lives," and I'm pretty sure that that right there is proof!

But a new year is always usually welcomed in with new goals. And I have a few.

SPIRITUAL
*Pray every morning. This one will take a while to become a habit. I just DO NOT think about it when I wake up, and if I ever do remember, the day is halfway through. Must figure out a way to remember.....
*Read the Book of Mormon the whole way through. I FINALLY finished it just before Christmas (read Alma - Moroni from around November 10 to December 24, I was determined!) after way too many years of starting it over and over again but never finishing it. I want to do it again, and also to finally be able to say that "My soul delighteth in the scriptures."
*Write in my journal at least once a month. I know it's not much, but it's something. I used to write in my journal EVERY day, and even in college when I was constantly busy with work, school, and study, study, study, I wrote in my journal. Need to start again.
*Bear my testimony at least once. I kind of didn't want to put this on there, because I didn't really want anyone to know that it was a goal, because I think the greatest chance of any of these not happening is this one. The thought of it seriously makes me want to throw up. 

PHYSICAL
*Eat more vegetables!!! I am SO bad at this. Need to try to at least incorporate them into our dinners.
*Cut my mile time by 45 seconds. At a distance and comfortably. I can easily run one mile 45 seconds faster, but definitely not 4+ miles at that pace. And no, I will not share what the total time is!
*Eat less sweets? Not so sure about this one..... :)

MENTAL/PERSONAL
*Develop Create a talent. I would say develop, but I don't really have any to start with! Ideas are welcome!
*BUDGET! Yeah, been a goal since marriage. But I'm determined this time.
*Think more deeply. Not quite sure how to word or phrase this, but I need to take the time to put thought into things, find a deeper meaning, internalize them, etc. 
*Like, be at peace with, have confidence in, and accept who I am. This encompasses way too much stuff to try or even want to explain.

There may be another one or two that I don't quite want to put on the world wide web, but this is a list of things that I really and truly want to accomplish. They will make me a better and happier person. My sister in law a few years back had a "word of the year." It was a word that encompassed the changes, improvements, and goals of the year. One word that could remind her every day and every time she saw it of the goals she had for herself. And after looking at these goals of mine, I think that word for me would be ACT. Most of them require an action of some type, and even those that aren't so obviously action goals will require work. I can't just say "I want to like myself more" and then it'll happen. Unfortunately, life doesn't work like that. So yes, my word is ACT.

Happy New Year to you all!

No comments: