I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oh "Two"-doodles!

Last Friday was Logan's 2nd birthday. Wow! We had a fun day. Jeremy's parents came down for a long weekend to help us celebrate, and we took advantage of my new Thanksgiving Point membership by visiting the Dinosaur Museum (pictures to come later.) Then we came home and I worked on finishing up dinner and decorations for his little family party. All but a few people from my family came to help him celebrate, and he absolutely loves playing with all his cousins. Fun was had by all!

We had a Mickey Mouse theme. I made a few Mickey Mouse decorations (found on Pinterest of course,) and a Mickey Mouse cake. Logan's birthday hat was also Mickey Mouse ears. We had pasta and breadsticks for dinner. I figured we should probably have something Logan would eat since it was his birthday. :) It was either pasta or yogurt, craisins, and PB&J sandwiches. Hard choice.

This was later in the day, but this is what Logan woke up to in the morning and he loved it.

Some of the decorations.

Mickey Mouse Oreos

The cake. The most stressful part of his birthday. The cake I baked and frosted was a disaster, so we bought a cake from Harmon's with a blank canvas so that I could still do the decorative frosting.
He had a blast opening presents. I may have been a little embarrassed because he'd open one, look at it for half a second, then was ready for the next one. I had to remember he is only 2.
 

And the gift we were most excited to give him. He loves to help Jeremy when he's using tools, so we bought him some play tools and Jeremy made the toolbox for him. He loves it, and loves to walk around with his drill and "fix" everything. The cabinets, the couch, the floor, his ears.... :)
 

He needed a little help blowing out the candle.

He sure loves his "Yighty" (Lightning) tent.
 

And this is his favorite thing to do with it!

1 comment:

Laura Cates said...

All your decorations are so cute! That looks like an awesome tent to play in.