Well, the day has arrived. It was 4 months ago that my parents got their mission call; and although it was super exciting, it still kind of seemed like it wasn’t really happening. But ever so quickly the day just kept creeping closer, and now it is here. But I have taken advantage of living so close to them and visiting them as often as I could. You know, just trying to get my fill.
But I’m not writing this to say how sad I am that they’re leaving or how much I’m going to miss them, even though I am going to tremendously. I’m writing this to share what wonderful people they are. I’ve always loved being home. I’m kind of a homebody, and I was even when I was younger. I was talking to someone about how I was going to miss my parents and how I’m over at their house all the time, and she was saying that when we’re older that’s when we want our parents around, because when we were teenagers and in high school the last thing we wanted was to be home. Well, that wasn’t the case with me. I had amazing friends in high school, but I was more than happy, and often preferred, to just stay at home. And I know it made my mom so happy when one of my friends told her once that he loved coming to my house because when you walked in, you just felt comfortable and at home. That is the kind of house my parents created, and I absolutely love being there.
My parents have always been such great examples to me. My whole life they’ve diligently served in their callings at church as well as those around them. And I’d be hard pressed to find times that the Gospel didn’t come up at some point in the most casual of conversations with them. They’ve always had an immense love for the Gospel, and they share that with us every chance they get. I’m so lucky to have been born to parents who never gave me reason to doubt their testimony, which in turn strengthened mine. It is for these reasons that I know they will be incredible missionaries. I know Swaziland, it’s culture and people, will be completely foreign to them and that there will be moments of doubt and fear, but they will be quick to love and the people of Swaziland will feel that and it will open the way to sharing the good news of the Gospel as well as to long lasting friendships.
So, goodbye Mom and Dad! We love you so much and know that you are exactly where you need to be. We will miss you!
Love,
Cameo (and Jeremy & Logan.)
I know my smile is a little lacking, but it just wasn't quite coming naturally at the time. Tears were being shed.
P.S. I want you to know that that special bond you have with Logan will not go away. He’ll continue to ask to see you everyday for awhile, and even though he won’t be able to, he won’t forget you. Once we video chat with you, I’m sure he’ll ask to talk to you every time I pull out the computer, and he’ll run right to you when you come home.
1 comment:
You expressed my feelings perfectly! Thanks Cameo! I love you Mom and Dad!!!
Post a Comment