I saw this thing on Pinterest which I thought was cute and fun. But I decided to add a little bit to it. So, last minute I decided to get some thoughts about him from our families; such as their favorite thing about him to a memory, and I’d attach one to each of the 30 suckers (I ended up with more than 30 thoughts, so some had two.) I have to admit, it got me a little emotional to read them. A lot of them were just fun little ditties, but to see that (most) everybody took the time to send me something and had something to say, made me so happy. Jeremy, obviously, means so much to me, and I loved reading those things from so many people about someone I love so much. Anyway, here are the responses I got.
Thank you Jeremy for inspiring me to play volleyball! -Dad
Soccer star! You are a great daddy! -Mom
You are handsome. –Kamri
You are playful. –Evan
My favorite memory with you is the Daddy Daughter Dance. It was so fun! -Sara
You take Ben’s jokes and dish it back out. –Gina
You have the strongest throwing arm in the family. (Remember the throwing contest we had at the church?) -Koy
Jeremy has always been willing to help out whenever possible. One year he even drove with Kerri and I to Provo when we needed to get back to BYU one semester just so we didn't have to do the drive on our own. –Terri
We admire you for graduating from college!!!!!! What an accomplishment. We couldn't be prouder! Sorry we will miss your graduation. Happy Birthday. We love you as a son. - Dad and Mom Lombardi
You are so good to our daughter. I couldn't ask for a kinder, compassionate man to take care of one that means so much to us. I know that she is in good hands and that is comforting. –Mom Lombardi
You are an amazing father. I see such love when you look at Logan. I think of all the times you have taken Logan home so Cameo could stay at our functions. Thank you for all the wonderful things you have done for us. We will miss you! -Mom and Dad Lombardi
You are a hard worker. You never stopped moving when we were moving the Arkells in. And you were determined in school. I appreciate that. –Dad Lombardi
I remember you working all the Lombardi men at ping pong with your nasty spin... –Ben
“I like Jeremy because I want to send my baby brother to him. I mean Oscar." -Josephine
“I like his smile." -Leona
"monster" and then "meow" -Oscar
"He makes me smile...so big!" -Anthony
“Jeremy is funny and he is a good uncle." -Norah
I like you because you are the one in the family that knows the same things I do. You crack me up and are plain old fun to be around. Remember how much fun you were in Alaska? -Cassie
I think it is so awesome that you blogged a birthday post for Cameo. You are so good to my sister. Thanks! -Trista
I really like the toolbox you made Logan for his birthday. -Sabrina
I like that you are a good daddy to Logan. -Blake
I am glad you think I am almost as cute as Logan. (I think) -Miri
You kindly gave up your seat for me at Grandma’s house when I wasn't feeling well. -Maria
You let us play X Box sometimes. -Malia
I’m grateful you bring up Logan sometimes and let him play with us. -Jaxon
Thanks for helping my dad hide my bike for my birthday and bringing it up. -Corbyn
I am appreciative of you breaking and remembering to buy me a new skateboard. I went out and used it with my friends the other day. -Ethan
Thank you for spending time with our children in playing soccer and basketball and I remember the time you mowed the lawn when I was dreading having to do it. That was great. –Ty
I appreciate your quiet yet rational demeanor. You bring a nice addition to our family, and mostly you’re a good husband and father.
-Misti
The good son!!! ;) -Mom
You shared a bed with Ben so I could have my own bed when I broke my wrist. –Terry
It means so much that you care so much about me and my happiness. I really and truly appreciate it. –Trina
You are there to talk to if you need someone. –Pace
I loved watching you playing with Aidan when we were in Colorado and reading him bedtime stories. I knew you were going to be a great father! -Kerri
I mean….how could I not just love reading all of that?
I gave this to Jeremy the day before his birthday, when my whole family was together celebrating March birthdays (it was my dad’s actual birthday) and having our final family dinner before my parents left for South Africa the next day. I wanted to give it to him with so many people who helped me put it together. I might have gotten a little emotional when I gave it to him. I’m such a baby!
I very much wish I had used a smaller box. Oh well.
So, on his actual birthday, I called him to wish him a birthday, since I wasn’t home with him (I had slept at my parent’s house to spend as much time with them as possible before they left, and to help my mom pack 18 months worth of stuff into 2 suitcases.) After going to the airport (Jeremy had to work) and dealing with a very cranky 2 year old, who apparently was in the beginning of a week long sickness (hand, foot and mouth disease to be exact,) I made some cookies and Logan and I drove to his work to take him the cookies and out to lunch. I had wanted to get a bunch of balloons to take as well, but the morning just quite wasn’t working out as I had planned.
After he got home from work, I took him out. We went downtown and ate at Tucano’s, then it was time for my big surprise….a Jazz game!!! He always tells me when he comes home from games (like, the 3 times he's gone) how he wishes he could sit in the lower bowl and actually watch the game, not the Jumbotron. So I found some tickets at half price and we sat in the lower bowl. It was a good game, close AND we won. I had a lot fun, and hope he did too.
Happy birthday Jeremy!!!! I love you so very much.
1 comment:
Cameo you made his birthday so special. I loved the 30 sucks idea and I loved reading all the thoughts and memories from everyone.
Post a Comment