It sure was a busy day. It was also very fun. And Logan finally agreed to put on his costume. The silly kid wouldn't wear it unless it was Halloween. I'd ask him if he wanted to wear it and he'd say "Not yet!" Even though he loved it. The kid is so particular.....
Our Halloween celebration started Saturday night when we went to a "Masquerade Ball" put on by the basketball organization that my nephews play in. (It wasn't your typical masquerade ball. Not so much pretty dresses and face masks, but costumes.) My family had a whole table and we had a lot of fun. This is about how far I go dressing up (I was supposed to be a cop, but you sure can't tell!) It's not that I don't want to, I just really have no idea what to do!
The jailbirds. (It's not often Jeremy looks so short!)
The cops.
Monday we went to Barnyard Boo at Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point with the Bytheways. As much fun as we had at Cornbelly's, this was definitely more geared to little kids and had much more that Logan could participate in. A lot of carnival type games and face painting, and of course, the pony rides and animals. I didn't take my camera, but here's the cute spider Logan eventually got painted on his face.
I started Halloween with some orange pumpkin pancakes. (Every now and then I try to be a fun mom!) I was honestly a little afraid that Logan wouldn't eat them because they were orange, but he didn't care thank goodness.
Then we headed to Salt Lake to go to This is the Place Monument with Laura and Brady. (Where apparently "off season" means they close down EVERYTHING but the train ride. But we still had fun and snuck into some areas that we maybe shouldn't have!)
It was so fun to actually see them play together. Logan always gets so excited when I tell him he's going to play with Brady, but they've really never played together until here. Loved it!
THEN we went to Daddy's office to go trick or treating. And let me tell you, that's the way to get tons of candy. He got so much more in that 20 minutes than the 40 minutes we were out going from house to house. And Logan FINALLY put on his costume! And he looked so stinkin' cute. The cutest Super Why! there every was! (You could totally tell who had kids and who didn't. The giveaway? If you knew who Logan was dressed up as!)
He only wore that mask for about 20 seconds....
THEN back home for some fun and games!
Trina making quite a big announcement! Congrats little sister!
And because the sugar from the candy just isn't enough....
Glad he's enjoying it so much!
And FINALLY off for some trick or treating!
Logan wanted only Trina that night. It kind of breaks my heart to think how their relationship is going to change when Trina has her baby. Logan's going to be so sad and confused.
The littles just couldn't keep up with the older kids, so they went off and we let the little ones go at their own pace. And they had so much fun together. And were so stinking cute.
I mean come on. How cute is that?
And of course afterwards the traditional lasagna and breadsticks for dinner. Then our fun and yummy ghost cake (thanks Laura!) courtesy of yours truly. :) (Just don't pay too close attention to the lovely frosting job.)







3 comments:
SuperWhy your awesome!!!
The ghost cake looks really cool!!!
Love the fire in the eyes!!!
It was obvious I don't have kids either! I had no idea what he was but he was a super cute Super Hero!
Did you sing Laura's song "Halloween! Halloween" with that ghost cake?! I told Joe about the song and cake this Halloween when we were eating dinner one night. It's fun to see you kept doing that. And Logan is super cute. I love that your family is so huge that you make your own Halloween party!
Post a Comment