I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

More Advent Calendar Activities

Okay, so I apparently have no time to blog EVER, and yet I couldn't tell you what I did all day. But my plan was to post some pictures every few days of our activities from the Advent Calendar. But since that didn't happen, well, you're getting a very very long post.

And if I'm being honest. Well. We didn't follow the calendar as much as I would have liked. Some days we didn't have time to do what it actually said, and sometimes I didn't necessarily have the energy to do them, either (sugar cookies can be so much work!!!!) But we did do something every day until we left for California. And since Logan can't read, he had no idea! I guess Mommy's a good liar....

 Make a Gingerbread House. Oh how he loved this!








 So proud of his house!

Go to the Holiday Lights at Thanksgiving Point. He LOVED it. We didn't get a chance to go look at the dancing lights, so this was pretty much the extent of lights for him. It's so fun, but we wish it was longer.




Find and wrap presents for friends. I have to admit, I was SOOOO proud of him. When we went to the dollar store and I told him who we were getting presents for, he was so excited to pick who got what and didn't once think he was getting anything for himself. He picked who got what and was able to tell Jeremy whose present was whose when he got home. My goal was for him to realize that Christmas is also about GIVING, and the boy blew me away with how he seemed to understand it. He LOVED giving his friends their presents. The excitement on his face when they opened them was awesome.  Love this kid.

He's holding their presents and can't wait to give them away!

Have Reindeer pancakes for dinner. These turned out pretty cute I thought, though I feel like I should have put something on there for the nose. But they were also SUPER yummy.



Build a snowman.
We actually got snow!!! And the snow was absolutely perfect for building a snowman, it packed so well. I'm pretty sure this was Logan's favorite activity of them all.







Watch a movie and eat popcorn. We watched Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas. And I'm pretty sure Logan had about three bites of popcorn. I think I might have eaten the rest....


And those are all the pictures we took of our activities. We also read some books, visited great grandpa, and did some other little things. We didn't make it to see Santa because Logan wanted nothing to do with him. The closest we got was seeing him at the mall and Logan waving from the fence and saying hi. Santa did wave back, so I guess that counts, right? I loved doing this with Logan and seeing how excited he was to have something special and fun to do everyday. I think we have a lot to learn from these little ones of ours about finding excitement in little things. Christmas sure means a bit more to me now that I have a little one to share it with!

1 comment:

Julie/Mom said...

Love it! Especially the snowman!!!