Here's the finished product. A 16x20 canvas painted red. Christmas paper cut and taped together. Paper cut out into circles with numbers stenciled on. And I Velcro-ed the "envelopes" so they could come off if need be. I also think it will help keep them in tact longer during the 11 month storage if I can take them off and protect them.
And here is our list of activities this year.
1st: Go to Temple Square
2nd: Have family and friends over for dinner (wasn't the actual plan, but we had no time for an activity. B But I don't know if there's anything Logan would want to do anything else anyway.)
3rd: Make a paper chain to countdown to Christmas
4th: Make paper snowflakes
5th: Find Christmas books at the library
6th: Color a Christmas picture
7th: Get Christmas cards ready to mail
8th: Make a gingerbread house
9th: Go to the dancing Christmas lights house
10th: Go to the dollar store and pick out
presents for friends
11th: Go to the Holiday Lights at Thanksgiving Point
12th: Have reindeer pancakes for dinner
13th: Frost sugar cookies
14th: Go to the ward Christmas party
15th: Go sledding in the snow
16th: Build a snowman
17th: Watch a Christmas movie and eat popcorn!
18th: Go to an FM100 Christmas concert
19th: Visit Great Grandpa
20th: Do a Christmas craft
21st: Visit Santa
22nd: Leave for California!
23rd: Drive around and look at house lights
24th: Leave cookies and milk out for Santa
And some pictures of our activities thus far.
Paper snowflakes. Laura showed me these awesome ones last year. Coffee filters colored with washable markers, cut, then sprayed with a water bottle. The colors bleed together, and.....Voila! Beautiful, colorful snowflakes.
Making a paper chain.
Color a Christmas page.
Help get Christmas cards ready to mail.
More to come!!! He's loving it. So I'm loving it. Anything to make this kid happy. :D
3 comments:
Yeah! So fun.
I know what you mean about wanting something with directions. I had to call Adam's sister so I could figure out how she made her envelopes and I still made them too small.
Can't wait for Logan to do #22! :)
thats so funny because i read your post about logan and when that lady came up to me I totally thought of you. I think Logan is pretty special too. We MUST get together, I seriously just hang out at home everyday so if you ever want to meet up, give me a text.
Post a Comment