I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Saturday, December 14, 2013

This is How We Do Paper Snowflakes

 

My awesome friend Laura had a group of us friends (sans kids, I think!) make these snowflakes a few years ago. And I just thought they were totally awesome. And add to the fun that is making paper snowflakes. Logan loves coloring these and getting them wet and watching the colors bleed. And they can be so pretty afterwards! 

Here are some directions. Hopefully they make sense, I'm not great at directions.
Materials Needed:
Coffee filters
Non-permanent markers (crayola washable are best....your hands can get pretty messy!)
Scissors
Squirt bottle

  1. Fold your filter in quarters. Color your filter with desired colors, only one side is necessary.
 

2.  Once colored, fold filter again (I fold another 2 times.) Make sure the color is facing out.

3. Cut out desired shapes.

4. Hold and spray both sides with water. Get wet enough for the colors to bleed through.

I find it can help to press fingers together on each side of the filter so the color bleeds all the way through.

5. Open (carefully) and lay on paper towel to dry.

Voila!!!


 (This is what the dots end up looking like. The picture doesn't show very well, but hopefully you get an idea.)
 So, just doing one color looks pretty cool, too. If you look at the top of picture of the sliding door, you can see an all green snowflake. I didn't think it'd turn out very well, but it actually looks pretty cool. Logan had colored the entire bottom half of the filter green.

No comments: