I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our Mexico Trip

Well, unfortunately, we are back. Not that it's horrible being here, but it does suck to be back to real life. Ugh. Anyway, we had a BLAST!!! Seven days of complete rest and relaxation (minus the plane rides!) We did a whole lot of NOTHING, but we also did do some things. I don't know if you want our itinerary or not (I am guessing not), but either way you'll get it!

Saturday:
We got on our plane at around 9:30; the plane ride wasn't too bad because we each had our own TV on the head rest in front of us and for a long part of the ride played the in-flight trivia game... I'm not too good with trivia. We landed, got off the plane and my hair went POOF! Humidity and natural curl does not mix! We took the hour and a half bus ride to our resort, which was beautiful. We got to our rooms (Trista and Terry on the complete other side of the resort from us.) Then we went and ate dinner at the buffet and walked around. Terry Jeremy and I jumped in the pool then Jeremy and I had dessert at Le Creperie, a crepe restaurant they had. Yummy.

Sunday:
After getting up, eating breakfast and etc..., we went to the beach and we were pretty much there for the rest of the day. Jeremy played beach volleyball, we went snorkeling (more Jeremy and Terry than me.) Trista and I read a lot that day, too. Trista and I also made our reservations to the four specialty restaurants for the rest of the week. We ate at the Japanese restaurant for dinner who had the best fried rice I’ve ever had (apparently the secret is a LOT of oil and salt) and I used chopsticks successfully for the first time (I had no choice, they didn’t have anything else.) It was a wonderful, nice relaxing day.

Monday:
Pretty much the same as Sunday. Actually, I think the exact same except we ate at the Mexican restaurant which was DELICIOUS. They put sombreros on all of us and they had a huge lizard (fake, of course) hanging from the ceiling. Trista and Terry did get to move rooms and became our next door neighbors…with their double beds, NICE. I do believe we played games that night as well.

Tuesday:
We woke up bright and early to get on the bus to go on our Tulum Extreme adventure, and I woke up to a very swollen bottom lip, the swelling ended up going down but it was replaced by some sort of yellowish scab like thing, yuck. Anyway, our Tulum Extreme tour included repelling, three ziplines, fresh water snorkeling, lunch, and the Tulum ruins. Our guide Carlos was awesome, very knowledgeable and passionate about the area. It was all fun but the ziplines were awesome. The ruins were cool but it was so hot it was a little hard to enjoy too much, but our tour guide for this was from a Mayan background. We got lucky with both our guides. We got back and jumped in the pool to cool off then relaxed the rest of the night.

Wednesday:
Much of the same as Sunday and Monday (including the swollen lip, again. Very uncomfortable for a few days.) A lot of sitting on the beach and relaxing. Terry was supposed to go on two local dives, but the wind was too strong for him to go, but we did do some snorkeling (Terry for quite some time). We ate at the steakhouse restaurant that night. I really liked my order, but I think that I may have been the only one. They had a Mariachi band playing with Mexican games; a ring toss, piƱata for the kids, Mexican horse races (which I won both times…ha!) and some others. It was a lot of fun.

Thursday:
There was some more time spent at the pool than at the beach because it was again extremely windy. That morning we did do some archery (where Terry said I did better than Jeremy, look at the targets and see what you think) and then Jeremy and I walked down to a little village they had where the swimming with the dolphins was. We saw a lot of dolphins swim and jump, but did not get to see the people swimming with them. Trista and I did some water aerobics. I’m not too sure the teacher knew too much about water aerobics, but it was fun. Because the wind was bad again, Terry didn’t go on his local dives, but they did take him to the cenotes (caves) and he really enjoyed it. We ate at the Italian restaurant that night; it was good but not the best of the restaurants. We ate at Le Creperie again as well.

Friday:
We were at the pool the whole day. Terry went to Cozumel which is apparently the “Mecca” of diving. Jeremy and I participated in their “Olympics” where I accidentally allowed alcohol (we are assuming tequila) be poured into my mouth. It was a relay and after running through cones and on all fours, you got a drink poured into your mouth before spinning around a stick and running backwards. I asked our team leader if the drink had alcohol, and he said no, so I thought I was okay. I put my head back, and the drink was unlike anything I’ve ever had in my mouth. It didn’t taste or feel right. I did not swallow and spit it out the second I ran back. Ugh. I let Jeremy know and we found out that they apparently switched the drinks. In case you were wondering, our team did win the whole thing. Late that day Trista and I had free scuba lessons. We just did it in the pool, but it was pretty cool. Then Jeremy played water polo. It was a pretty hard night for me because it was our last night there.

Saturday:
We got up and walked around and took some more pictures of our hotel and played some games. At 11:00 we got on the bus to head over to the airport. At 7:30 we landed. It was an AWESOME vacation with lots of fun and lots of relaxing.

*Some other fun things we did that I don’t necessarily remember the days for: kayaking, snorkeling, I read three books, Trista I think five, maybe more. We played in the game room a few times; some pool and ping pong. We played Spades and No-Peeky, among some other little things. Minus the swollen lip, frizzy hair and some wind, it was PERFECT. WE LOVED IT!!!

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Cancun sounds amazing!! How fun! I am glad you had a good time. Your blog is so cute! Take care!

P.S. I think your bangs are so cute!

BAV said...

I am glad you guys had a great time in Cancun. I am so jealous. One day I am going to be as adventurous as you!!