1. Well, for those who don’t know, Jeremy and I cancelled our cable channels. We now only have the local channels. I’ll miss my HGTV, but other than that I don’t think I’ll really notice much. I do feel bad for Jeremy though; no ESPN, TNT, MTV, DISCOVERY, and SPIKE (we’ve had these channels for the last 5+ years of our lives.) Sorry babe! But it will save us a bit of money.
2. You may be tired of hearing about my Activity Days activities. But, I have to share this. The activity was to have the girls make some presents for their moms for Mother’s Day. I was in charge of the activity this week which means I had ALL the stuff. And because of some ridiculous traffic on Lehi Main Street, I was THIRTY minutes late, and to top it off, I had forgotten my phone so I couldn’t call my partner to tell her. I felt so bad. So we had half an hour to make the “Edible Flower Bouquet,” and one girl showed up late (yes, later than me) and we didn’t have enough for her. It was very stressful and I was pretty much upset at the whole world.
3. Jeremy didn’t have the best day that day either, so we decided to drive down to American Fork. We went to Target and Jeremy bought the Xbox 360 that he has been saving up for. Fortunately for me, he has discipline when it comes to video games. Afterwards we got some frozen yogurt. A treat will always make the day a little better!
4. Friday I left work a little early with some other co-workers to go to my boss’ mother-in-law’s funeral. We went to show our support to my boss, who really is an extremely nice and good guy, no matter what you may think of his profession.
5. Once I finally got home, Jeremy and I decided to go to the movie theater and just see what movies we could go to (our computer wasn’t working so we didn’t know any movie times.) We ended up going to Star Trek. Yes, I felt a little nerdy going to it opening night, but it really was SO good. It was funny and had lots of action. I definitely recommend it.
6. Saturday morning we got up early and drove up to Salt Lake to run in the Race for Cure. Well, I ran and made Jeremy come along for the ride. Misti and I ran together, and even though we thought we were close the front, we weren’t. It took forever for us to even start running because of the herds of people ahead of us that were walking. There was a crazy amount of people (like, 18,000) which really was awesome to see. And afterwards they had the best oranges. And I now have a cute t-shirt!
7. That night we went to a wedding reception of a girl at my work. She had Cold Stone cater. YUMMY. It was a little cold outside, though, so we didn’t stay long. Jeremy wore jeans to the reception because he has only one pair of slacks that don’t belong to a suit, and they were dirty. So we went to JC Penney to buy him some and ended up buying him a whole new “outfit” (I know guys don’t like using that word) and me a new purse for “Mother’s Day.” We spent a bit more money than we had planned on!
9. Afterwards we went to Koy and Cassie’s because we were in the area. Their kids proceeded to entertain us with song and knock-knock jokes; even Anthony came up with some of his own.
Sunday was of course Mother’s Day. It started out awesome because my bishop decided to shorten the last two blocks and let us out half an hour early. Later we drove to my parents house for a BBQ. The men let all the girls (minus Trista, who chose not to go) on a walk while they cleaned up and watched the kids (well, the kids were watching a movie, but still…) We were hoping the walk might possibly put Gina into labor, but unfortunately, she is still very pregnant.
10. I started reading Angels and Demons last week and I finished it last night (I got to read most of it outside because we’ve had such amazing weather!) I really really liked it and am excited for the movie (even though I have a bit of a problem with Tom Hanks right now.) I don’t know why I waited so long to read it, though. Usually, if I have just barely read the book, I end up hating the movie because the book is still so fresh in my mind and I notice the differences so much more. But I’m sure I’ll love it. It can’t be as bad as P.S. I Love You (great book, horrible movie.)
3 years ago
2 comments:
It's good to know we're not the only ones in this world who don't have cable. I feel much better now.
I've heard about the crazy traffic out that way...so sorry you had to get stuck in it with no cell! ARGH!
Tell Gina congrats!
Hey girl! Love reading updates about your life. (and P.S., what a heck of an idea to have had Cold Stone cater the wedding!!!:)) I'm excited for Angels & Demons, too. Did you like Angels better than DaVinci code? Let me know when you see the movie if it's good! Take care~
Post a Comment