I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. The Saturday of Labor Day Weekend we had our annual family half marathon (for those who don’t know, a half marathon is 13.1 miles). It was previously called the Lombardi Cheapskate Half Marathon, it is apparently now called the Race for the Cure for Unnecessary Expenditures. It’s always a lot of fun. Jeremy was awesome at his water stop and I walked half of the Half. Good times.
2. I am definitely going to run the whole thing next year. Getting ready for that will be how I get back into shape after the baby. That’s my goal after every baby; train for some sort of race after every baby. It’s much easier for me when there is a reason.
3. After the “race” we did some baby shopping then watched the BYU v Oklahoma game. You all know I’m not a BYU Fan, but it was awesome to see them win that big game.
4. Sunday we went to Koy and Cassie’s for some delicious Sunday dinner.
5. I had another activity. We made First Aid Kits, and since that didn’t take especially long we played some games afterwards. For awhile we were only getting around 2 girls, but we are back up to five or six. It’s much better that way.
6. We finally started to watch some old Heroes episodes; we need to watch about 11 more to be caught up for this season. Oops.
7. Saturday we went to Koy and Cassie’s and canned peaches ALL day! Holy cow that is a lot of work. But it was fun, too. We had a little assembly line of sorts with my dad and Misti and canned for eight hours. In between batches we also did some grocery shopping and baking. It was actually a lot of fun. But I don’t know how my mom does it by herself every year. Mom, you are awesome!!!
8. I finally got the Cold Stone I have been craving that night, too. YUM. Peanut Butter Cup Perfection…..
9. Yesterday I spent an hour on the bike at the gym. That wasn’t the plan, but US Open Tennis Final was on (a GREAT match) and went longer than I had anticipated and the bike was the only way I could watch it. Needless to say, my butt now kills. I don’t know how bikers sit on those seats for hours on end. Ouch.
10. September means television shows are starting again!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your updates. I totally agree about the half marathon - I need to have a goal to force me to train. Maybe next year will be the year I join the Labor Day run!
Can't believe how far along you are already with your baby...it seems so fast! Felt any movement yet?

Amanda said...

More pictures please. :)