(I know you have all been going through horrific withdrawals without these.)
1. Happy Veteran’s Day. Thank you so much to all the soldiers, past and present.
2. As I mentioned previously, our dryer wasn’t working. So we bought a new one at Home Depot and picked it up last Monday. I was so excited to do laundry (never thought I would say that)! Well, I put the clothes in the dryer and they still didn’t dry! We are now pretty sure that the problem is the vent. So, we spent $$ on a new dryer that we didn’t need, and we found this out after already getting rid of the old one. Grr…. For now we are using the pantyhose trick, which works fairly well.
3. Our usual routine on Tuesday was a little messed up. I usually go to the gym and Jeremy has class, so he’ll usually call when he gets to school. Instead, I went straight home after work and didn’t call to tell him I got home safely. T-Mobile was also having network problems, so none of his phone calls came through to me. Needless to say, he was apparently a nervous wreck (I got the swine flu shot, which I think made him a little extra nervous, worrying about reactions and such.) He even sent our neighbor over to check and make sure I was home (I didn’t answer; didn’t know who it was and was all alone.) He is such a sweetheart.
4. I had my very first leg cramp Sunday morning. I am hoping those stay few and far between.
5. We went to the movie Couple’s Retreat on Saturday. It was just alright. Jeremy and I decided we wouldn’t really recommend it to anyone in my family.
6. Afterwards we went to Cates’ for some delish food and good company with them and the Carter’s. You gotta love boys vs. girls Catch Phrase!
7. We had Stake Conference last week so Sunday was Fast Sunday. We had four blessings. Yep. By the time those were done and the Sacrament was passed, it was 9:50. A little crazy. But it made me excited to hear Jeremy bless our little one! I’ve got a few ideas in mind…. just kidding….
8. Later that night we went to the Bytheway’s for dinner. We got to see their new house all put together! The main reason for the visit, I think, was a maternity clothes swap. We pretty took each other’s clothes. I’ve got a whole new wardrobe AGAIN!!! (Although I would much prefer if it was REGULAR clothes.)
9. I finished a book called Handle with Care. It was a very good book, just maybe not one I should have read while pregnant (it was about a child born with a major disability.) I pretty much cried throughout the whole end of the book. Jodi Picoult’s books always make you think. I will say this; maybe one of the lamest endings EVER.
10. Should we go to a Child Birth class? What do you all think? Our time is running out.
I bet you forgot how long these things of mine get, didn’t you? Hehe.
P.S. Little Baby Bell has been moving around like crazy today! I love it! (But I can see how it might start to get to be a little much as he gets bigger.)
3 years ago
9 comments:
Child birth class? I think I would go. At least to get an idea of what to expect. Because everyone's experience is so different.
I never did finish my first child birth class because the girls came early.
I enjoyed our childbirth class. i had read A LOT of books so I knew everything they said already, but if you dont really know a lot, then you should definitely go. They are pretty helpful. I actually have been missing the ten on tuesday. I had wondered where they went. Leg cramps suck. I am so sad you all are still getting together and im not there. :( I miss you guys a lot!
Yes, you should go to the birthing class. Especially for your first child. Lots of good information and things you never thought you'd need to know. It'll probably save you a trip or two to the hospital when you think you're going into labor. You can never be too prepared.
I wanted to go to childbirthing classes but than due to scheduling conflicts I never made it. I found out later that it wasn't even necessary. I did a lot of research online and by self education.
I never took a class and did fine. I just read books or went on line.
I got lots of leg cramps when I was pregnant with Aidan. I found that the fastest way to get rid of them was to flex my foot. That helped a lot.
Classes are overrated. Ours was worthless. Skip the class and just read one of the nine gazillion books that are available.
Oh how I have missed your 10's! Childbirth classes, yes I would go, but I am one that freaks out when I see what is really going to happen. So I am just not thinking about it right now.
I am so glad that you feel baby bell. I was up last night with my little peanut kicking me, I thought to myself does this guy ever stop. It really is amazing!
I think for me the best part of the childbirth class was the tour of the hospital. And depending on if you are planning to have and epidural or not the breathing exercise can be helpful. I didn't find them that helpful but I didn't have to go through the full labor process just skipped to the delivery part : The class I took had a great section on how to care for your newborn and then had a breastfeeding class that I found helpful. Dave on the other hand would say the classes were worthless!
I didn't do the child birth class. Ever see a live birth? There's your class. Now pay whoever it was you saw give birth $60 dollars. Or rather, I'll reenact Rip's birth and you can pay me.
Post a Comment