He's not yet walking, but he pulls himself up on everything. He walks across furniture and with his walkers. He knows how to climb up and down stairs. He has learned to stack his stacking cups and put blocks together. On Sunday he blew kisses for the first time. He loves to wave to people at the store and will smile and stare at them until they smile back. He loves to give his stuffed animals hugs. Those animals and Jeremy are the only ones lucky enough to get them. He likes to point to animals on the TV and in books until we tell him what they are. Sometimes he carefully explores things. He will hold something in his hands, purse his lips, and move it around side to side, front to back, and look at it really closely. He finally has a new tooth, and I didn't even know until it had broken through. {Hmmm. Maybe that was why he was so ornery a few weeks ago....}His hair is way too long but I can't bring myself to cut it. And he has two words. Dadad, which refers to Dad about half the time, and Dee-dus, which means Jesus. I really need to get it on camera, it's the cutest thing.
He is not perfect, though. I know, SHOCKER. For the past few months all he'd eat is milk, yogurt, cheese, bread and bananas {which lead to constipation....yea!}. He is finally starting to eat other foods, but it's very inconsistent and very frustrating. Definitely one of my least favorite times of the day. He points at and wants EVERYTHING. If he doesn't get it right away he starts crying. I used to be able to just move it out of his sight and he forgot about it. Not any more. Buggy. He is going through a little bit of separation anxiety. I had hoped that we could avoid that since he is babysat three times a week, but no such luck. When I picked him up at the gym yesterday he was being rocked on the rocking chair in the infant room because he was so sad. The second he saw me he started crying. And sometimes even Jeremy holding him isn't enough if he can see me. It's so sad, but I admit I do love that he wants me so much. And the past month or so he will randomly throw up. And throw up a LOT. But he is not sick. And somehow it's always when he is with me. He did it a few days ago about an hour after eating cheese and a PB&J sandwich. Nice thick, chunky vomit. Nasty. But I need to give you an illustration so you can feel for me. It was disgusting. And he really hates it. He cries while he does it and just wants me to hold him, but I just really don't want to, not with that stuff all over him and all over me. Does that make me a bad mom? I wish I knew why it happens, because he really is not sick. He's fine before, and once he gets over the yucky feeling of throwing up, he is fine. Poor kid.
He is adorable though. I have been horrible at taking pictures lately, so I don't really have any to post. I will be better. I really want to get a picture of his hair. It really is a mess and I can't stand it, but I don't want to lose those curls.
Stats from his 12 Month appointment:
Weight: 21.9 pounds, 27%
Height: 29.9 inches, 52%
Head Circumference: 19.1 inches, 94%
He's got a very large head. Sometimes when I look at him from the back I think it looks HUGE. Other than that, he's pretty normal. He is not chunky like everyone seems to think.
Here is one pic of him. A sneak peek from our little visit to FotoFly last week. He was a perfect subject for the photographer.
No comments:
Post a Comment