I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Wedding Dress

My mom has a friend who works with a branch of refugees from Cambodia. They now live in Salt Lake and are very poor. They constantly need donations of clothes and blankets, and my mom's friend often drives them around because they have no cars. Well, back in December my mom was talking to her while I was in the next room. I wasn't really listening until I heard her say "Well, my daughters have dresses that are just sitting in our basement they could borrow." The second she left I was like "What?!?!?" She had just offered to lend out my wedding dress! Which I LOVE and is MINE.

About a month later my mom called me asking me if it was okay if someone borrowed my dress. I wasn't about to say no, knowing how much it meant to me to have a beautiful dress, but I really really wanted to. Turns out it was a good thing I said yes because she had already said yes. {My mom's friend promised that it would never leave her sight; she would have the dress until the wedding, put the dress on her, and then take it home with her.} My mom went to the wedding and told me that Meh Mo (the name of the girl who borrowed my dress) was so happy to have a dress. Other than being a bit long, it somehow fit herBelow are some pictures of her. (I commented to my mom that she doesn't look very happy, but she said she was just a really quiet and shy girl.)

A few weeks ago I got a thank you note from my mom's friend, and then one from Meh Mo last week. She told me how beautiful my dress was and how much she appreciated being able to wear it. Anyway, long story short, I am glad that I didn't say no and I was able to help complete the day for Meh Mo. She doesn't have a lot and I know it meant a lot for her to have a dress. Wedding dresses are so expensive and so beautiful, but only worn a couple of times then packed away forever; I am glad that mine was able to be used again. {But hopefully not too many more times ;-) }

And just in case you were curious ;-) ........it was fun for me to look back on these, anyway.


Oh how I miss being tan. *sigh*

3 comments:

Julie/Mom said...

I'm glad you said yes:) beautiful story, so sweet. And It brought back such beautiful memories of your wonderful day!!

Trista said...

Love you, babe. But really? You would rather have your dress hang in a musty basement than let people use it over and over and over again? You've got your pictures; you don't need the dress. But maybe I'm weird.

Courtney said...

Muahahaha! You no longer hitting the tanning bed? For some reason, this pleases me.

Good for you Crameo! Sadly, my biggest concern would be, "Is she going to look better in my dress than me?" Yup. She probably would. But that's a neat story for your dress to have now.