Last Tuesday we met up with the Cates and Eads families at Thanksgiving Point for the Tulip Festival. I always have to be careful and make sure that I don't tell Logan he's going to get to play with his friends too early, because he gets so excited and keeps repeating "Brady! Brady!" And if I do that too early, it goes on all day and then he gets upset because he doesn't understand why we aren't with Brady yet! (He knows Brady a little better than Christian, but he got to know Christian and woke up the next day asking for both of them.)
I was worried it was going to be uncomfortably hot, but it got cloudy (which worked out great for pictures, too) and was seriously the perfect temperature. We had so much fun and hope this will continue to be a tradition!
We got there about 30 minutes before everyone else, so Logan had fun playing on this hill while he waited for his "friends!"
Brady and Dave.
Beautiful waterfalls. Handsome boys.
The moms with their babes.
This one likes to eat on the go. Of course, he didn't eat when the rest of us were!
They have this AWESOME area in the garden that has over 20 statues of Christ. They were absolutely beautiful and I had never noticed them before. I couldn't help but feel so grateful for the talents of others and their willingness to share them with the rest of us!
Logan was saying "Jesus!" to all of the statues, but he got to this one and said "Cock a doo!" It was funny.
I didn't do even a remotely good job of getting a picture of this one. This is of Christ walking on water and they had made these amazing and very real looking waves for him to walk on. It amazes me how people are able to do this!
"Water!"
It looks like, yet again, I made it home from the Tulip Festival without a picture of any tulips! Oh well. The trip is more for the company anyway. (And sorry for not having any pictures of Christian, Meg! No idea how that happened!)
No comments:
Post a Comment